Old 01-30-2010, 07:26 PM

Default New Covan's dash

Ok so after I did my research I finally took the leap and purchased a new Covan's Thunder Road dash for my '67 GTO.

Normally I wouldn't write any kind of review but this thing exceeded my expectations in every way possible!!! As I told John the photo's on his website do not do these dashes justice. The plastic is not flimsy or wavy and at the mounting points there are thicker reinforcements welded in place. I am totally amazed and pleased at not only the product but the fast responses from John himself.

I will post up some pics later of the dash uninstalled and will post more at a later date once it is in place.

So for anyone looking for a way to adapt new gauges in their classic car give Covan's a shot and you will not be disappointed!!

Old 04-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I am looking at doing the same to my 65 using Traditional Chrome Gauges from Autometer, any pictures yet? I know this is over a year old, but I would love to see some pictures of one of these installed with gauges before I commit to it.

Dale

Old 04-20-2011, 06:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I made this one about 7 years ago. It's been holding up great.......

"I open up three deuces, I'm Never Coming Back!"

Old 04-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tripower455

Very nice, thanks for the picture. I like the modern gauges with the original look of the wood grain. Nicely done.
Dale

Old 04-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by highrisk View Post
Tripower455

Very nice, thanks for the picture. I like the modern gauges with the original look of the wood grain. Nicely done.
Dale

Thanks! That was the idea.

"I open up three deuces, I'm Never Coming Back!"

Old 04-21-2011, 06:20 PM

I put together a dash in my '66 using CAD and a sheet of aluminium. Turned out pretty neat. The insert is powdercoated matte black and the outer insert is semi-gloss.