67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Dealer Zone Codes

I made a page to collect Dealer Zone Codes for our Pontiacs.

Pontiac Dealer Zone Codes

I'd like to get a comprehensive list if not all of the Dealer codes for the Pontiacs.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 01-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I finally got most of the data entered in my database.

I made a page to view it, but you will need MSIE browser
(or open in an IE Tab on Firefox if you have the app for it)

Dealer Codes

Still need to add some of my updates and possibly some other dealers.

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 01-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

John,
There must be some mistakes to correct. Looking at Zone 15, it shows some in NJ and FL.

The Following User Says Thank You to Held for Ransom For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2010, 12:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks, HFR.

The Tropical dealer is probably an error on the original poster.
I put it in the Zone 17 for Florida.

The NJ one, Kerbeck Cadillac-Pontiac-Chevrolet, may possibly be a Chevy dealer zone/number.
I left it there for right now, until I check some others out.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Senior Chief

Default Dealer Zone Codes

Hi Johnta1,

I see from your list of dealer codes you have listed Arnold Pontiac Oldsmobile of Maytown PA. Around 15 years ago, I bought a license plate frame at a Carlisle swap meet (picture attached) for Arnold Motors inc of Carlisle PA, which incorporated the Pontiac Indians Head. You do not have this one listed, and I would imagine this is a dealer established around or before the time of our cars as the license plate frame is pot metal and chrome plated, not the modern plastic rubbish.

Other than this, I have no other information on this particular dealer, maybe others or residents of Carlisle PA can help?

This information does not appear on the GTO site either.

Regards,
Dave From England
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plate.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	194215  

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave from England For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dave, hmmm, Carlisle is not all that far from Maytown.

I wonder if perhaps Arnold Pontiac had a store in Carlisle in addition to Maytown?

Arnold's Garage (aka Arnold Pontiac) is still in business in Maytown. I bet if you contacted them thru their website they might be able to tell you something about the Arnold Motors in Carlisle.

http://www.arnoldpontiaconline.com/home/

John, according to a neat story in the Gainesville paper on the demise of Pontiac, Tropical Pontiac was indeed once the name of the dealership in Gainesville and was located on the same Main St. site of what is now Wade Raulerson Pontiac Buick GMC.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/2...1002?p=1&tc=pg

So the Tropical listing looks right to me and would certainly be in the Jacksonville Zone 17.

There are certainly errors in the listings. Some because the submitter was unfamiliar with how to read the document. Others simple typos. Example Claude Nolan, Inc. remains in business in Jacksonville (Zone 17). Claude Nolan was one of the oldest Cadillac dealer franchises in the country but added Pontiac for a time ('60s & '70s maybe?). Today it is strictly a Cadillac store again. In the listing it is shown as Claude Nowlan Inc. At one time, Claude Nolan, Inc. operated a Cadillac store in Miami and may also have had a Pontiac store there also.

Another issue is one we've discussed here previously. I remain convinced that there never was a Zone 26, in part because the Zone offices are identified in a number of old documents including the MPC & the Owner's Manuals for example and only 27 Zone offices are listed.

Also, the two Dealers identified as existing in Zone 26 have also been identified by Invoice records as existing in Zone 25. I have not seen the records showing a Zone 26 but I suspect that the 5's on those records may have just looked like 6's for some reason.

The Following User Says Thank You to John V. For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Emailed Arnold's.
Justin Arnold's answer:

Quote:
John,

We did not run a shop in Carlisle. Freysinger Pontiac was the most recent franchised Pontiac dealer in that area.
John, I changed the Zone 26 entries.

Keep em coming guys, I have added a lot of new dealers.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:19 AM
Senior Chief

Interesting. Chevrolet Zones and Pontiac Zones are very different. I have a listing of all the 1969 Chevy Zones - 50 in the US plus 11 in Canada.

Zone 15 was Philadelphia. I'm not familiar with Kerbeck but it appears here: http://www.ncrs.org/dealercodes.php

Old 01-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Interesting. Chevrolet Zones and Pontiac Zones are very different.
And Buick seems to be different also.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well I googled around and found a couple things about Arnold Motors in Carlisle.

Found a large listing of DeSoto Dealers by State. Arnold Motors located at "Spring Rd. & H" in Carlisle. An "internal code" identifies the reference for each dealer listing that the guy put together. This one says Sept. '57 RP, I'm guessing a RePort that he acquired that listed various DeSoto dealers at that time.

There is an intersection in Carlisle at Spring Rd. & H St. In Carlisle, Spring Rd. looks to be identified as "Carlisle Spring Rd." and also PA Route 34.

Arnold Motors may have had multiple stores or else, when DeSoto was killed off in '61, maybe Arnold went over to Pontiac. It was not uncommon for Dealers to switch brands.

Found an obit from a year ago for a woman in Carlisle who had been employed by Arnold Motors. Doesn't say what brand.

Another guy who died in '97, retired from the "former Arnold Motors in Carlisle" in '72, worked as a body shop mechanic.

Yet another obit from 2 months ago, guy whose career among other activities, included working as a part-time salesman for 29 years for the "former Arnold Motors, Carlisle" and when he died at 88, he "was currently a salesman for the West Penn Auto Sales, Carlisle". Doesn't indicate when he was with Armold.

Apparently they've been out of business, probably for some time. I'd guess older residents of Carlisle might remember them.

Perhaps an Invoice will turn up with their name and Dealer Code on it, but not likely to learn much else about them.

The Following User Says Thank You to John V. For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 05:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have added many more dealers, many Buick-Pontiac dealers and Canadian dealers.

Pontiac Dealer List

Still need MS Internet Explorer to view the page.
(or FF IE Tab add in)

I'll start working on making a searchable list.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

anyone know who zone 24 dealer 163 is??

Old 01-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a new Search page now:

Dealer Search