Old 11-02-2009, 05:16 PM

Default Decoding data plate.

Hi guys, Got a friend who gona buy this GTO from US,Having trouble to decode some number and digits as under BAL stands K2? and left of Body Paint 203? and also G 204517. it has AC PS PB PW TW. Se link http://stefansbilar.net/page12.html Thanks Svante 400.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Car has been changed a bit.

K2 is the PAINT code.

K means the Lower Body color was originally Gulf Turquoise, could be the color still on it.

2 means the Convertible Top color was originally Black.

TRIM code 223 means the car originally had a Black interior.

203 is the Body No. and means this was the 203rd GTO Convertible Body Assembly produced by the Fisher Body Plant at Baltimore for the '67 Model Year.

625 is some sort of production sequencing no., probably a daily sequence no.

204517 is another production control identification no., might indicate to the effect that this was the 4,517th Pontiac order received for '67 (although the VIN indicates it was built ahead of many). Chevy Data Plates from Baltimore show a similar no. but starting with a "1".

I am not familiar with the purpose for the G code. I have seen a "GD" coded on a '66 GTO Data Plate from Baltimore, it also was a mystery.

Not much to be learned from a Baltimore Data Plate. I assume you have the PHS docs.

I wish my '64 convert was an A/C car even if the compressor appears missing? Pretty nice list of options.

Does it say "FORD" on the Air Cleaner??!!

Old 11-02-2009, 06:06 PM

Thanks for a quick answer, helps a lot, yes compressor is missing, also gona take of all non original junk a replace with good stuff, give us a hint of more defects. Thanks Svante 400.