Old 08-31-2009, 09:59 AM

Question 71 T/A Shaker Switch Wiring

I have replaced the main engine harness on my 71 T/A and purchased the carb switch and brackets from PY and need help figuring out how the switch gets power. I have the solenoids in the shaker all set with the plug on the bottom of the shaker base. I dont see a lead near the carb that would plug into the activation switch. I am thinking there is a small harness missing for the shaker to the switch? If someone has a pic or any info on this I would appreciate it. Thanks, Poncho Walt.

Even a blind squirrel eventually finds his nut's
Old 08-31-2009, 11:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There is a small harness that plugs into a connector on the engine harness (left lower valve cover lip) that connects the activation switch (on carb) to female plug on shaker harness.

Looks like our host lists it under Ram Air Hood Scoop Wiring Harness in their Firebird catalog. (their description reads a bit vague)

Last edited by 2manyT/A'S; 08-31-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:19 PM
Senior Chief

Provided you got a RA harness its a black/white taped back on the harness, I was putting mine in yesterday, [M&H] As 2many says, the actual wire that connects to the carb and shaker is a separate item. Regards Bruce.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2827.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	179826   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2828.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	179827  

Old 08-31-2009, 09:16 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info guys. The pic is exactly what I needed to see. I do have the connector taped back like yours. Thanks again. Walt.

Even a blind squirrel eventually finds his nut's