Old 08-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Sail Panel Tips needed

Hi guys, working on a 1970 GTO interior. I'm trying to figure out how the sail panels are installed.

I've got the package tray in, and am trying to figure out the sequence of how the sail panel goes in.

My Legendary Auto Interior kit included some hook and loop (velcro) which I assume holds the cardboard in place. I'm trying to figure out how the extra material on each side of the cardboard is arranged.

I think the rear portion gets tucked into the channel of the rear window rubber trim.

It looks like the front is tucked into the curved piece of metal at the quarter window.

It looks like the top and bottom simply wrap around and attach to the back of the sail panel cardboard.

Am I close?

Thanks in advance.

-Matt

Last edited by 78 GHOST; 08-03-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The guy that did my headliner glued all the extra material to the back of the sail panel, then put the sail panel in place with the velcro

http://www.gogtoaa.com/leibys%20rides.html