Old 07-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Hood Pad for 68 GTO

Hi,
Which vendor has the best hood pad for a 68 GTO.
The repo that I bought has pulled through the clips on the passenger side, seems a bit short and keeps coming away from the front edge. It also had a cutout that is not needed for a standard engine (Non-Ram Air) or hood mounted tach.
Thanks,
Mike

Old 07-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I forget wherwe i got my pad, but it has some cutout that I never clould figure out. One thing I found is the repro clips I got were junk and would not stay pushed in. I re-used most of my old ones so use care taking them off.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Make sure you get the rigid, molded one, it's pretty much identical to the original. I believe all of the vendors sell the same one. I got mine from PY several years ago, still looks great.

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw

Last edited by goatless; 07-24-2009 at 06:20 PM.