Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 10-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default RobbMc 70-73 F-body Sending Unit GP

All forum members who purchase a RobbMc 1970-1973 Firebird 1/2" Sending Unit PN 1077 between now and midnight October 31st 2008 will receive a rebate check in the mail during the month of November 2008.

http://www.robbmcperformance.com/pro...ndgm_1077.html
(We will have a photo up in a day or two)

The amount of the rebate depends on the total number of units purchased by forum members between now and October 31st. The more units purchased, the larger the rebate checks:

Total # of units purchased by members, Amount of rebate
1 unit, 1%
2 units, 2%
3 units, 3%
4 units, 4%
etc., etc. up to 25 units, 25%

If more than 25 units are purchased, the rebate will be 25%. Rebate percentage refers to selling price of the sending unit only and does not include the cost of shipping or other parts purchased.

Selling price is $169. Shipping to any USA address is a flat fee of $16. Please contact me if you live outside the USA as shipping will be higher.
(robb@robbmcperformance.com)

At 25%, the rebate checks would be $42.25.

If you live in the USA, units can be ordered directly from our website using a credit card or Paypal. If you live outside the USA, you can place an order with a credit card by calling 775-885-7411 or, you can email me for shipping costs and pay using Paypal.

When purchasing a unit, you MUST state your forum user name and the name of the forum (either by email, phone or by leaving a message when you pay on our website) in order to get the rebate check . Each time a forum member purchases a unit, I will post it on this thread so all members can see the the total number of units purchased so far and how much the rebate checks are going to be. The more people that purchase, the more money everyone saves.

We offer a group purchase only one time for each new product we release. So this will be the only chance to purchase at a discount unless you buy in volume.

Thanks,

Robb

Old 10-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like a great deal but what about us guys with post-'73 F-bodies? Like my '76!

Stewart

1976 TA, nose converted to 1970 style, 406, ported #13 Heads, '70 iron intake without crossovers, Q-Jet - Cliff style, RARE OS manifolds, Pypes duals w/crossflow, UD 230/238 custom HR 4/7 swap cam with solid roller lifters , Hydro-Boost 4-wheel discs, 4 Speed, 3.23 posi.

“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.” - Winston Churchill
Old 10-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Because of the strange shape of the '74 and later F-body fuel tank (namely, the huge hump on the top), designing and building a 1/2" sending unit would be difficult and expensive. It would also require great care during installation to prevent the 1/2" tubes from being smashed when the tank is installed.

With all of this in mind, plus the fact that the high selling price would probably convince many to go with a weld-on sump or fuel cell instead, we have decided to not build a unit for the '74 and later F-body car; at least for now.

However, we are currently working on 1967-69 F-body, 1968-72 "Nova" and 1978-88 G-body units.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Suspended

i need one or two for ventura 2/nova styles..are your big mechanical pumps ok with e-85?..i sure would like to do away with electical pump buzzing and worry..

Old 10-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Our pumps are working fine with E85 although the longest one has ever been used with E85 is about 9 months so we don't have any really long term testing.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Suspended

ok..groovy..i will e-mail you about senders..fascinating

Old 10-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would like to see the pics but I have your starter and if that is any indication, the pickup should be just as nice. BTW, based on one of your old articles, a buddy of mine just bought a set of Erson rollers for his FE motor.

71 Formula 433, Splayed cap 400 block, 4" stroke Scat forged crank, 6.8 Eagle rods, custom Autotec pistons. SD 295 KRE D ports, Old faithful hybrid roller, Torker II, Holley Sniper Stealth, Tribal Tubes, TKO 600, 3.73 Eaton posi.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks. If you have any other FE buddies, tell them that we sell the same rockers:

http://www.robbmcperformance.com/pro...dferocker.html

Old 10-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Robb- performance-wise how would this compare to a 1/2" welded sump?

I'm very interested, thanks for bringing more great products to the market.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Robb,
Any ETA on the 1st gen unit?
Also, will you possibly offer it in a 5/8 tube?

Thanks,

`joe

Old 10-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've got one in my 69 gto - no problems - nice item.

And yes - I've begged for one in my 76 ta. I think buying a pre-sumped tank will be the way to go....

Old 10-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

A welded sump will work better when the fuel in the tank is low. We recommend keeping the tank at least half full when racing. It will still work fine during normal driving but when racing, it is a good idea to keep the tank at least half full.

However, our sending unit has a few advantages over a welded sump; cost, ease of installation and a 1/2" return for return style regulators. Not to mention that you also get a new sending unit for the fuel gauge.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal View Post
Robb,
Any ETA on the 1st gen unit?
Also, will you possibly offer it in a 5/8 tube?

Thanks,

`joe
We're probably 60 days out on the early F-body units.

We had a tough time getting two 1/2" tubes to fit. I don't see any way of making a 5/8" version unless the tank was spaced down and we don't want to do that. Our current models all fit in the same place as the stock units.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbMc View Post
Because of the strange shape of the '74 and later F-body fuel tank (namely, the huge hump on the top), designing and building a 1/2" sending unit would be difficult and expensive. It would also require great care during installation to prevent the 1/2" tubes from being smashed when the tank is installed.

With all of this in mind, plus the fact that the high selling price would probably convince many to go with a weld-on sump or fuel cell instead, we have decided to not build a unit for the '74 and later F-body car; at least for now..
Thanx. This leads to the next question; can an early tank be put in a later body?

Stewart

1976 TA, nose converted to 1970 style, 406, ported #13 Heads, '70 iron intake without crossovers, Q-Jet - Cliff style, RARE OS manifolds, Pypes duals w/crossflow, UD 230/238 custom HR 4/7 swap cam with solid roller lifters , Hydro-Boost 4-wheel discs, 4 Speed, 3.23 posi.

“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.” - Winston Churchill
Old 10-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Will do Robb. I wish I would have known you sold them direct. We ended up getting them from Keith Kraft. We both will probably be in the marker for pumps though. Any plans on a GP for the pumps on any of the FE forums?

71 Formula 433, Splayed cap 400 block, 4" stroke Scat forged crank, 6.8 Eagle rods, custom Autotec pistons. SD 295 KRE D ports, Old faithful hybrid roller, Torker II, Holley Sniper Stealth, Tribal Tubes, TKO 600, 3.73 Eaton posi.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula8 View Post
Will do Robb. I wish I would have known you sold them direct. We ended up getting them from Keith Kraft. We both will probably be in the marker for pumps though. Any plans on a GP for the pumps on any of the FE forums?
Sorry but we already ran GP's for all the pumps a couple years ago (including the FE forum).

Old 10-02-2008, 01:56 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

We now have a photo up of the unit.

Thanks IT guy!

Old 10-03-2008, 12:14 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbMc

With all of this in mind, plus the fact that the high selling price would probably convince many to go with a weld-on sump or fuel cell instead, we have decided to not build a unit for the '74 and later F-body car; at least for now..

Thanx. This leads to the next question; can an early tank be put in a later body?

Stewart
My question too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtKk5GNtWH0

Life is tough. Life is tougher when you're stupid.
-John Wayne
Old 10-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Robb, are you registered over at NastyZ28 as well? I posted a link to your site over there too: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133429

Old 10-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula8 View Post
Robb, are you registered over at NastyZ28 as well? I posted a link to your site over there too: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133429

Thanks! I didn't even know about that forum. I haven't built a Chevy since I sold my pro-street '63 Chevy II in the 90's.

I appreciate the post and the referral. I'll have to sign up over there.