Old 09-04-2007, 03:13 PM

Default HELP!!!!

Hi guys, I'm hoping to find someone who has installed the red fender liners on a 66 (or 67) GTO. The car is nearly finished and is going into a show this Sat. It is sitting on the rack waitig for this answer.

I bought a set of repop fender liners about a year ago from Performance years. They did not come with instructions or mounting hardware. I called and was told that's how they come. So now the car is ready for them and when we went to put them on, they are way too big for the wheel wells. How do I fix this problem? Am I doing something wrong? I checked all of them and they all seem too big. Other than cutting them in half and overlapping them, is there a solution?

Thanks, I really appreciate what ever help you guys have...
Keith

Old 09-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Keith, I have the originals installed in my car,they have been there for fourty years plus now and the fasteners (original) are just randomly placed and of course the wheelwell lip portion is placed between the wheel well molding and the steel fender and said screws penetrate the red liner, nothing in the radius part of the liner (center of tire location), only on the inside of the wheel house in the bottom edge. I have seent he reproductions and they were very accurate. Have you actually tried to slip one in there for they contour quite well with the steel wheel well housing.

Tim john---

Old 09-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't cut...what do you mean they are too big? They do not fit perfect in the front, the backs fit far better. Which ones are too big - front or back? Did you put the liner in then push upward...they do fit snug but should not be too big...

Old 09-04-2007, 08:28 PM

Ok, we figured out what the problem is....I have two left rear fender liners. Both of them fit perfectly on the left rear, but neither one of them fit on the right rear. Since I purchased these from Performance Years over a year ago, I'm sure there is no exchanging or refunds. So we did the best hatchet job we could until I can find a right rear fender liner. The fronts and the left rear went on perfectly. The right rear will have to do until after the show this weekend.

Bigg K