Old 06-02-2007, 01:47 AM

Default Value of 1970 Formula?

Anyone on the ballpark value of a Lucerne Blue/Blue Interior '70 Formula? It is not a RA III car ! The bad: needs lower quarter repair both sides,lower fender repair both sides, rear frame rails need replaced, non-original block and carb. The good: excellent hood, doors, roof, trunk lid, core support,endura nose,floor pans. Also has original 12 bolt, heads, intake, dual snorkle air breather. Trunk floor in good shape. Runs and drives. Original Ralley II's. I know it's hard to judge without seeing in person or at least pics of car but any guesstimates appreciated!

Old 06-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"Needs rear frame rails" is usually a scare-off for most people....that's a big job.

You didn't mention condition of the interior or what trans it had, but I'll say it's in the range of $3K for an auto and $4K for a manual.

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue
Old 06-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's kind of a tough one.
I assume you are thinking about buying & restoring it?

Non-original block & serious rust are two BIG strikes!

Different story if it was a T/A,but the early Formula's are starting to come around in value.

Don't pay any more for it than the value of the good parts, 12 bolt,heads,carb & intake,hood,air cleaner,etc.

That way,there's less chance of getting buried in it financially (to start).

FYI: the 70 bright blue interior is one of the more difficult interior colors to restore correctly. All of the repro seat covers,comfortweave & doorpanels are the WRONG color.

If you are planning on restoring it,make sure it's the one you want to keep,because you are going to be married to it by the time you're done.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith k
"Needs rear frame rails" is usually a scare-off for most people....that's a big job.

You didn't mention condition of the interior or what trans it had, but I'll say it's in the range of $3K for an auto and $4K for a manual.

Sorry.Forgot to mention that it was an auto tranny.

Interior needs complete resto as far as seats, headliner, dash, console, door panels.

Price is firm at $4000, but I like your perception and thought the same that for an automatic $3000 would be fair, but he says he'll separate drivetrain and body if I don't buy it.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyT/A'S
That's kind of a tough one.
I assume you are thinking about buying & restoring it?

Non-original block & serious rust are two BIG strikes!

Different story if it was a T/A,but the early Formula's are starting to come around in value.

Don't pay any more for it than the value of the good parts, 12 bolt,heads,carb & intake,hood,air cleaner,etc.

That way,there's less chance of getting buried in it financially (to start).

FYI: the 70 bright blue interior is one of the more difficult interior colors to restore correctly. All of the repro seat covers,comfortweave & doorpanels are the WRONG color.

If you are planning on restoring it,make sure it's the one you want to keep,because you are going to be married to it by the time you're done.

Couldn't agree more with every part of your reply. I could have lived with non-original block but the frame rail rust is what has me over a barrel because I knew it would be a big project to fix. He wants $4000 firm. Still thinking about it as the round headlight cars are quickly drying up or at least in my neck of the woods.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Senior Chief

if you are interested in one I have one the same condition Blue -Blue BUT with ORIGINAL Drive train & papper work,original Motor, heads, intake ,4 spd Trans,and Rear 12 bolt, no interior or dash no hood or nose and all nose pieces no air cleanner and few other small item.$3,700
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	70 Formula-2 MVC-002F.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	93491