Old 04-27-2007, 08:06 AM
Senior Chief

Default PHS arrived

Well I went ahead and ordered the PHS documents since the price is going up May 1st. No big surprises, pretty much what I figured. I am dissapointed in the quality of the documents. I understand that the microfilm quality is not that good, but I can't make out what some of the little boxes are on the main page. They had to hand write all the options. Does anyone know or have a legible copy I could see to figure out what the boxes are?

Mine was built 2/24/64 at the South Gate, CA Plant. It was sold at Westward Pontiac in Phoenix. It came from AZ when I bought it, so I figure it had spent it's life there.

One option that it shows is RMT CTL O/SMIR...which I assume means remote control outside mirror. I don't think I have that on mine, I have never seen a control inside to move the mirror.

Will scan a copy and post on here when I get to office.

Old 04-27-2007, 08:27 AM

Did you get the window sticker? I did and really like it. Everything is there and very easy to read.
Patrick

Old 04-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, my phs said that I have the tailgate power window option. My car is a 2 door hardtop.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 04-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanksta
Well I went ahead and ordered the PHS documents since the price is going up May 1st. No big surprises, pretty much what I figured. I am dissapointed in the quality of the documents. I understand that the microfilm quality is not that good, but I can't make out what some of the little boxes are on the main page. They had to hand write all the options. Does anyone know or have a legible copy I could see to figure out what the boxes are?

Mine was built 2/24/64 at the South Gate, CA Plant. It was sold at Westward Pontiac in Phoenix. It came from AZ when I bought it, so I figure it had spent it's life there.

One option that it shows is RMT CTL O/SMIR...which I assume means remote control outside mirror. I don't think I have that on mine, I have never seen a control inside to move the mirror.

Will scan a copy and post on here when I get to office.
If you don't have that thing, you should be glad. My '63's is as useless as the proverbial mamaries on a bull. I wish I had the cheapie regular door mirror. Paint is too nice to fill the holes. Might look under the dash for grins & see if the mounting holes are/were there. I am going to add the peep style mirrors on the drip rail when I get time to work out the mounting. Clearance issues on my first attempt. Poncho Pio had his like this & it looked great!

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress

Last edited by Deadhead; 04-27-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:10 PM
Senior Chief

Here is a copy of the sheet. It is hard to read the finer print.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	phs.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	89661  

Old 04-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

What exactly is the PHS? Pontiac History S........? I've heard about them alot but never really knew.

-Steve

Old 04-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

PHS = Pontiac Historical Services.

"By supplying Pontiac Historic Services with the VIN of your car, along with the other information listed on our "Order" page, you will receive the most complete historical background and VIN information ever offered by any automobile nameplate.

The information packet from PHS will include the following:
A copy of the factory invoice or billing history
A letter decoding the options (when necessary)
A copy of a dealer order form for that year
Other specific information for that year and model Pontiac, if available."

http://www.phs-online.com/

Old 04-28-2007, 09:06 AM
Senior Chief

In the box that says AXLE RATIO it says 02. Does anyone know what ratio that is?