Old 04-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default '69 RA IV Pre-Heater Shroud Question

This question pertains to the right hand (passenger) side pre-heater shroud cover. The cover has one mounting hole for a screw that attaches it to the upper shroud, and another hole on the side facing the valve cover. Does the side facing the valve cover mount to the switch harness support bracket? My application is for a 4-spd car, and I didn't think that the 4-spd cars came with the switch harness support bracket in '69. If it doesn't mount to the support bracket, what does it mount to?

Old 04-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

Not owning any IV cars, there may be someone better able to answer this than myself.

That said, here's a scan from my Pontiac MPC illustration. Methinks that they wouldn't illustrate that switch harness support bracket in the Ram Air IV ram air setup unless it was indeed supposed to be used for that other screw hole in the "chimney".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	69 RA IV Pre-Heat Shroud.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	89014  

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 04-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've got the same picture, but thanks for posting it. I've seen information that states that the RA IV 4-spd cars did not get the switch bracket in '69, but they did in '70. If that info is true, I would suspect that a different type of bracket may have been used for '69 RA IV 4-spd cars.