The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 02-20-2007, 06:59 AM
Senior Chief

Default WARPED DOOR PANELS

I have some nice original interior door panels that are warped. I have been trying to flatten them with a piece of plywood and weights for the past couple weeks and this process has not done a bit of straightening. Is there anything else that woud work or is it hopeless trying to flatten them?

Old 02-20-2007, 08:24 AM

The reason for door-panels getting warped is water. So what you can do is spray them with water on the backside and then put them under pressure.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:52 PM

I had this problem with my rear quarter panels on my 69. I found I had to get them quite water wet and then protected them with plywood and weighed it down with 20# propane tanks. After about two weeks for complete drying they came out great and went in the car. Hope it works for you.