Old 02-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Pontiac : Le Mans T-37 NHRA

This seems like an interesting car, does anyone know of it's history. Ebag item number #270088824212 Description reads:

This auction is for a 1971 Pontiac T-37 with only 4,583 (that's right, four thousand, five hundred eighty three!) original miles! This car has NHRA racing history & once it was retired from racing it was never registered or street driven again.

This T-37 was a stolen recovery that was purchased by Chuck White Sr. of the Brothers White race team in Valparaiso, IN & Bill Kissinger, also from Valparaiso. They were partners and raced this car from 1973 – 1976 at NHRA events in G/SA & F/SA classes. The theft of this T-37 happened when it was only a few years old. Since it was missing the engine, transmission & front end sheet metal it was a perfect candidate to become a racecar. A GTO front end was put on it and a round port 455 HO found a home under the hood to make this car one tough competitor on the strip!

Bill Kissinger was the driver of this car and after Chuck White Sr’s passing in 1976, Bill purchased Chuck’s interest of the car from his estate. Bill continued to race this car thru the ’76- ’80 (?) seasons on his own. He retired the T-37 & then raced a 1970 RA IV Trans Am for several years after that.

On top of that he has a 70 RAIV for sale:
Here’s a bonus to the winning bidder of this T-37!

I also have a 1970 GTO Judge RA IV 4 speed California black plate car that I’ve owned for 20 years. This car needs a complete restoration & has been in storage the entire time I’ve owned it. I have collected numerous NOS & correct parts for its restoration the entire time I’ve had it. While several people have wanted to buy this rare RA IV Judge throughout the years, I have never seriously entertained any offers on it. 70 RA IV Judges are hard to find & this may be your chance to get one without the threat of someone buying it out from under you.

I will offer the winning bidder of this T-37 the FIRST chance to buy this car from me.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It is for sale here also. Check the Cars FS section for GTO, LeMans,Tempest, etc.

Old 02-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The car is mine, here's the link to the ad: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=504928

The miles on it are legit as it was a theft recovery in 72-73 when Chuck White bought it of a salvage yard. More than likely it was the typical "little old lady car" that didn't get driven much & track miles at a 1/4 mile (1/2 mile I guess, they do drive 'em back to the pits! lol) at a time take a while to add up to anything!

I spoke with Bill Kissinger a few weeks back & he verified the dash/speedometer wasn't touched when they set it for racing. Back in 1973 nobody cared if your race car had low miles so there was really no incentive change it. It's quite possibly one of the lowest mile T-37's left out there & would make a unique show car or nostagila drag car.

It would be nice to see this car hit the track again!