Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 12-30-2006, 05:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Innovate Motorsports LM-1 vs LC-1

I know some of you guys run these units and I'm looking for any opinions or insight I can get.

First of all, it looks to me the difference between the LM-1 and the LC-1 is the handheld display unit, but you still need a laptop to do the data recording, or am I missing something?

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/p...s/MTS_grid.php

I was thinking since I already have a laptop, I could save some cash by getting the LC-1 and add the LMA-3. Or is it worth the money to get the LM-1+LMA-3? I'm not going to be foolish enough to think I'm going to stare at the LM-1 display unit while going down the track or while having my foot in it any other place, so what's the point?

I just figure that instead of dumping more $$$ into new parts and having hundreds of dollars of perfectly good parts sitting on the shelf I'd first get everything I can get out of the current combo and maybe finally breaking into the 11's.

Thanks in advance.

462 cid/ 6x-4/ TH400/ 3.36:1/ 28x10.5/ 3880#/ 12.35 @ 109.36/ 1.69 60 ft/ 4 wheel disc brakes/ 15 mpg
Old 12-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would just buy the LM-1. You already have the laptop. All you have to do is download your runs either at the end of the day or after each run to see your graph. BTW, it is possible to peek at your LM-1 while going down the track. You just need to mount it within an eye shot.

As far as adding the LMA-3...that's something that you need to figure out whether or not you need it. Good luck with breaking into the 11's. The LM-1 is a great tool to have, you'll love it.

Also, depending on how much street driving you do will depend on how long the sensor lasts. Street driving tends to foul them out quicker.

Making CVWHAT's great again. I guess it took a deplorable ECM member to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox View Post
Holly cow we must be some dume corn huskers here in indiana or somthing!!!

Fastest Blow-thru Pontiac powered car in the Country 8.440@166.97 (3465lbs)

Fastest Pontiac CV-1 car on the planet with only 6 passes on the combo: 4.80@147.65/ 7.49@180.12MPH (3365lbs)
Old 12-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Senior Chief

Used the lm-1 on the dyno today worked great im going to get one for my car thanks jack

Old 12-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I personally haven't used the LC1 but really like my LM-1. I do have the AUX Box and it helps in carb tuning for the street, probably not as important as if just doing track stuff.

I've driven with mine in 1 hand letting the tranny shift by itself , but it's easier to record and dump it on the computer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sealyLM!.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	77408  

Old 12-30-2006, 11:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

the innovate LM-1 has a 0-5v linear out for feeding an aftermarket EFI ECU. my megasquirt v2.2 has the capability to datalog and target fuel maps using AFR values from the innovate signal during operation.
i mention this in case you ever want to change from carb to EFI, the innovate piece will retro nicely.
jim

Old 12-31-2006, 12:40 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You using MegaSqirt??? I was looking into that a year ago. I am allways hands on,. Electrician by trade as well. Figure, why pay someone else to gathere the parts amd mark them up, when I can build it myself. How did you find their instructions? Did the ECU work correctly right away?

"If it ain't broke, modify somethin till it is"
Old 12-31-2006, 12:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy
You using MegaSqirt??? I was looking into that a year ago. I am allways hands on,. Electrician by trade as well. Figure, why pay someone else to gathere the parts amd mark them up, when I can build it myself. How did you find their instructions? Did the ECU work correctly right away?

zippy,
i pm'ed you.
jim