Old 11-22-2006, 10:14 PM

Default Rear window adjustments

Trying to line up the rear windows on a 69 convert. Everything close to perfect except I'd like to raise the window vertically about 1/4 inch.

I know there's "in/out" and "up/forward" adjustments but can't seem to raise the window vertically without moving it forward as well .

Any suggestions - Thanks.

Old 11-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Rick,

you need to move the track up and back then bring the "up" stop up a little. The two bolts that hold the top L bracket against the track, not the two bolts that hold the L bracket to the body. I've got the tracks out of mine right now if you need some marked up pics.

Old 11-22-2006, 10:53 PM

Default Re L bracket

I'll check first thing in the morning (well maybe after the garage heats up - its cold tonight) but marked pic's would be great
Thanks

Old 11-23-2006, 12:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here ya go
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wa1.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	72777   Click image for larger version

Name:	wa2.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	72778  

Old 11-23-2006, 12:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

On my 69 vert, my bracket like in the first picture doesn't have those curved adjustment slots, it just bolts together in one spot. I want to say by just raising the up stops was how I got the window to come up, but like you said, I think it then comes forward. I think it's just a matter of getting the window up as high as you want, then adjusting the forward/back.

Old 11-23-2006, 03:34 PM

gto4evr:

I did find two slotted bolt holes in the wall for adjusting the track "up"/"back" They were covered with a hard black tar - I guess to seal the settings. After a "million" trial and error attempts finally got it higher and in reasonable line with the front window.
Your picture don't look like the same car!! Access hole is smaller and most adjustments are different too. I see 69gtocv says his doesn't have those bracket slots. Maybe the verts are different - top pistons do cover some of the back wall.
Appreciate the pictures and your help - looks better than before. Thanks

Old 11-23-2006, 10:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

no problem. Yea, these pics are from a hardtop, I know the tracks interchange from 68-72 (these are 68) but I thought 69 had the same slots --I must be rusty with some knowledge like 69GTOcv said! He's correct, without the track slots, you bring the height up with the stop adjustment, then move the window back so it clears the door glass. Make sure you have the in/out pitch correct and not too tight, the top should be able to go up and down with the glass up without snapping your windows off!