Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 10-17-2006, 07:00 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default elite auto transportation Oklahoma????

Don't know hwy I didn't think of posting here sooner, my buddy found these guys listed in Hemmings, they gave him a good price to bring a car from Missouri to NY. I'm hoping this isn't a scam and they steal his car.

heres a link to their web page, they look legit.

Nothing bad has happened- hopefully it doesn't, just wondering if anyones heard of them or used them in the past. The guy who called him to find the location of the car was probably the driver but could barely speak english, could be they hire owner operators and the guys just trying to make a living being new to the country. You hear horror stories about the russian mob and such so it got me thinking.

Figured I'd throw it out here and see if the name rings a bell- hopefully a good tone!!!

Thanks Howard

1968 Lemans Convertible, Burgundy/Parchment 1968 428YH motor, ported#16 heads, Crosswinds intake, Cliff Ruggle built 750 cfm Qjet, Comp Cams XE268-110 lobe sep. Duration at .050" lift 224/230, M20, 3:23 rear, PS, PB. Best time with need mods: 14.0071 in the 1/4 mile at 100.00 mph
Old 10-17-2006, 10:52 AM
On Vacation

Why would anyone take a chance transporting one of their most prized possessions to some unknown carrier that may or my not have insurance or even a drivers license to save a few hundred bucks? Most likely nothing will happen, but if there is a problem you are screwed. Both Reliable and Blue's prices are competitive. Biggest problem is getting a pick-up date. With a broker, they post the job on a website with a price they will pay and the first person that asks for it gets it. .....maybe someone good or someone terrible. Luck of the draw and the broker will not stand behind any screw up that the driver makes.

Check out Reliable Carriers or Blue Highways. These companies haul for car manufacturers, dealers, and large collectors. These companies have their own equipment, own drivers, and own insurance. You could eat off the floor of every one of their trailers.

http://www.reliable-carriers.com/body_home.htm
http://www.bluehighways.net/

Old 10-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Thanks for the links

Glenn, Thanks for the links. Car arrived tonight safe and sound. I'll save these for later. He got insurance papers and bond stuff from the company before he gave them the deposit, so he felt OK with it. I didn't think to post here first. But everything worked out OK.

Thanks for the info- good to know

Howard

1968 Lemans Convertible, Burgundy/Parchment 1968 428YH motor, ported#16 heads, Crosswinds intake, Cliff Ruggle built 750 cfm Qjet, Comp Cams XE268-110 lobe sep. Duration at .050" lift 224/230, M20, 3:23 rear, PS, PB. Best time with need mods: 14.0071 in the 1/4 mile at 100.00 mph