Old 07-26-2006, 06:43 PM

Unhappy What hose for T/A with BeCool?

I put a BeCool radiator (p/n 62010) in my '78 T/A, and the bottom neck has 20degree angled neck.
The stock radiator has a straight neck.
So, the bottom hose will not work with this combination.
I called BeCool, and they said they had never heard of anybody having a problem with finding a bottom hose to fit.
I went to AutoZone, and went through their entire inventory looking for something that would work, but, nothing
BeCool said the radiator was originally designed for a big block or small block Camaro, and to try one for a BB Camaro,
So, I tried to order a hose for a '72 BB Camaro...discontinued.
I'm at my wit's end trying to find a bottom hose that is "formed", and I don't like those "universal" flex hoses.
Surely somebody out there has a T/A with one of these radiators.
What did you use?

'03 VTX-1800c
Old 08-09-2006, 01:55 AM
Senior Chief

I do have a 79 formula, with a Be Cool radiator <--these things work UNBELIEVABLE!!!

However, I never liked how the second generation radiators fit so snug, so I bought the 67-69 version, which has brackets on the sides for mounting, and it's about 2 inches narrower. Therefore there is no angeled bottom, it's straight.

However, what I CAN tell you, is that if you cannot find a rubber hose, you could always get one of those "flex-hoses" from Summit. I know you mentioned you don't like them, but that's what I have on my car being both a custom application & that it's a show car...and with a show car, leaks are not an option!

As you probably already know, they are about 90 bucks. Not sure if that's within your budget. Plus, I'd recommend getting yourself a good set of stainless hose clamps that are wider than the chinese ones you get with the flex-hose kit.

my setup has no leaks, and it works very good.
good luck.

Old 08-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I've got a BCool, don't know which number what ever they specified, in my 73 TA using my stock hose.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to Hawk397

I had the same issue, it takes a little "persuasion" but the stock hose will go on, you just have to make sure you can get it on far enough for a good clamp seal.

A universal flex hose would probably be the best alternative.

Mark

Old 08-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Took a look at mine since it's been a few years since install. Stock hose works just fine.

Old 08-12-2006, 09:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via MSN to 1967Tempest
Exclamation Griffin rad with angle

Same issue with the lower hose being at an angle. Griffin rad has same lower angle. Stock hose goes on OK but I will also look for an angled one just to see if flow increases.
My concern is that the hose will collapse under stress of flow due to angle of the lower hose casing.
Let me know if you get a low flow from the stock hose.

The Burb Files