Industry Stuff new repro's, updates, other info.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Replacement Speakers

Hi,
Here is a site that I came across looking for a replacement speaker for my 68 GTO.
http://www.turnswitch.com/speakers.htm
turnswitch@turnswitch.com Toll Free (877) 780 - 2861 9:00AM to 6:00 PM Central time. They accept Visa/MC.
They sell the 4" x 10" Delco Special - This is their high quality 4 x 10 speaker mounted on an ABS plate with a foam rubber gasket that matches the original Delco 4 x 10 speakers used from the mid 60's through the early 70's. This speaker is very light weight and in will mount with the orignal bracket.
Price - $46.95 8 - 10 Ohm Size: 10 1/2"L x 4 3/4"W. 2 1/8" deep. No mounting centers - held in by bracket.
Their literature says that most common 4x10 speakers sold in auto stores are 4 ohm and will cause the power transistor in the radio to overheat and burn out.
I ordered one for my 68 GTO.
Maybe PY should add them as a source of supply for speakers, etc.
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4x10Del1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	58704   Click image for larger version

Name:	4x10Del2.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	58705  

Old 07-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Senior Chief

These are 8-ohm speakers that they are calling 8-10ohm so you wont feel bad sticking a 8-ohm speaker on a 10-ohm system. I am not a radio guru so I dont know how much that will hurt your radio but I was told mixing the ohms will damage your radio.

Anyone??

These look pretty nice.

I just reconed my 10 ohm stock speaker but would
love an updated replacement that wont damage my radio.