Old 09-02-2005, 09:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default HAD RICE FOR DINNER LAST NIGHT.

I think I like rice, it tastes good. Had a little red ricy thing (no I don't have a clue what it was) pull up beside me on the highway last night. It was a cute little car, lowered and all. We were doing 70 and I shifted from 4th to 3rd to 2nd and he new I wanted a taste of that rice so he mashed it and gave it the NOS. If I had had a stock '74 TA I think I might have been nervous actually. The little chit got with the program pretty good. But the old '74 isn't stock anymore. I mashed it too and grabbed 3rd and flat pulled away. Pulled 3rd to around 120 and shut her down. I had proven my point. There is no substitue for cid. I'm sure the TA is 1000lbs heavier then that little ricy thing. I guess it proves that in the jungle the big cats eat first.

“The unexamined life is not worth living.”
― Socrates
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato
Old 09-02-2005, 09:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I guess you ordered "fried" rice, not steamed.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy
I guess you ordered "fried" rice, not steamed.
LOL! Yep.

― Socrates
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato
Old 09-02-2005, 11:50 PM

Thumbs up Congrats

Congrats, you really showed that 4cyl.

Old 09-03-2005, 12:27 AM
Senior Chief

That would be NAWS, yo!

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Jeff Gordon Edition
2017 Dodge Challenger SXT Black Top Edition
Old 09-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRpontiac
Congrats, you really showed that 4cyl.
I know it's a bit OVER kill but if they don't see real horsepower in action they will go through life in ignorance.

― Socrates
― Plato
Old 09-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hall
That would be NAWS, yo!
CRAP! THAT'S THE CAR! LOL! Was that you?

― Socrates
― Plato
Old 09-04-2005, 01:02 AM
Senior Chief

LOL.. Not me. The only 'ricer' I was guilty of driving was my wifes old Geo Storm GSi. With todays gas prices and her heavy foot, I miss it. That little Isuzu engine ran. I spanked some yo boy in a Honda Accord with a huge wing, coffee can muffler and yellow "Type R" stickers with it a couple of years back. He then flicked me off. Oh, good times.....

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Jeff Gordon Edition
2017 Dodge Challenger SXT Black Top Edition
Old 09-04-2005, 08:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well get this Bob! This TA is getting 28mpg on the highway! NO JOKE. I checked it Friday. Around town, if I'm not mashing the gas peddle, I wouldn't doubt it's getting 15-17mpg. The combo of those little primaries on that Q-jet and the 2.73's is what's doing it I'm thinking. It's not as good as the Geo BUT it's almost as good as my 4-cyl '93 Toyota PU. Who says you can't have your cake AND eat it too.

― Socrates
― Plato
Old 09-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneasyrider
Well get this Bob! This TA is getting 28mpg on the highway! NO JOKE. I checked it Friday. Around town, if I'm not mashing the gas peddle, I wouldn't doubt it's getting 15-17mpg. The combo of those little primaries on that Q-jet and the 2.73's is what's doing it I'm thinking. It's not as good as the Geo BUT it's almost as good as my 4-cyl '93 Toyota PU. Who says you can't have your cake AND eat it too.
Well the rest of the story is that it ISN'T getting 28mpg it's getting 19-20mpg which is still good and my ricer spanking just cost me some heathly cash. I was screwing with this VW (Jetta or something) and got cought with my ass hanging out at 105mph in a 70mph, just glad they didn't catch me a bit earlier than that I think I would be in jail right now! As a matter of fact I would have been if I hadn't been in the county I was in. Lucked out there! I sure showed his butt AND not only did I get the ticket he drove on down the road. I'm sure the guy got a bit of a kick out of the whole thing because I know I would have. It doesn't always pay to win. It's been MANY MANY years since I've gotten a REALLY good ticket but I'm thinking that the old insurance company isn't going to care about the MANY MANY part just the 105mph part. Second childhoods can be a bit spendy and I guess it was a good wake up call. After 15yrs of relatively tame driving I had forgotten the flip side.

― Socrates
― Plato
Old 09-21-2005, 09:21 PM
Suspended

Uneasy rider writes.
"There is no substitue for cid. I'm sure the TA is 1000lbs heavier then that little ricy thing. I guess it proves that in the jungle the big cats eat first."

No substitute eh?? Better hope you don't pull alongside this lil V-6
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MY-GN1.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	27789  

Old 09-25-2005, 07:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSAauto
Uneasy rider writes.
"There is no substitue for cid. I'm sure the TA is 1000lbs heavier then that little ricy thing. I guess it proves that in the jungle the big cats eat first."

No substitute eh?? Better hope you don't pull alongside this lil V-6
I'm sure it's fast but it still proves there's no substitute for cid. That 3.8 liter is still WAY bigger than the four banger that was in the car I raced and the car is much heavier too. If I stuck turbo my 462 how do you think it would run? Force feeding an engine effectivly gives you a "bigger" engine in a smaller package for the desired hp. Generally speeking the smaller engine is "harder" to get the same hp out of for the same service factor as compared to the larger one. I can get 10,000hp out of a top fuel dragster engine but it wont last long in a locomotive that builds the same hp but has a FAR larger cid engine if you see what I'm getting at. It really is just a matter of application.

P.S. ...I wouldn't even think of calling your car a "little ricy thing" either.

― Socrates
― Plato

Last edited by uneasyrider; 09-25-2005 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:14 PM
Suspended

LOL!!

I was just messing with you Uneasy. Remember though that you have Formula 1 engines at slightly larger than 1.0 litres making 1000 hp!! I was just playing on your "no substitute for cubic inches" theme. Plus... I've seen these little ricers make 600 hp easy on the street which propells some of these lil cars into the 10's nowadays. The turbos are definetly becoming more and more popular with all cars nowadays thanks to guys like Buddy Ingersol and Kenny Duttweiler. So I guess my only point was that the old rule is kinda changing in todays world.

Have you seen that twin turbo T/A like yours owned by another PY member?? Just freakish if you ask me!!

Old 09-27-2005, 08:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSAauto
LOL!!

I was just messing with you Uneasy. Remember though that you have Formula 1 engines at slightly larger than 1.0 litres making 1000 hp!! I was just playing on your "no substitute for cubic inches" theme. Plus... I've seen these little ricers make 600 hp easy on the street which propells some of these lil cars into the 10's nowadays. The turbos are definetly becoming more and more popular with all cars nowadays thanks to guys like Buddy Ingersol and Kenny Duttweiler. So I guess my only point was that the old rule is kinda changing in todays world.

Have you seen that twin turbo T/A like yours owned by another PY member?? Just freakish if you ask me!!
Well... no rules have changed as far as I know. The Laws of Thermodynamics are still Laws. I know you were kidding around but I don't think you see what I'm saying. "Freakish" or not if you did all the things to my 462 (if you actually could) that were done to the engines refered to above or Formula 1 engine of 462cid (if you built a 462cid F1 engine that is, same materials etc.) the 462 would produce more horsepower. As a matter of fact I can do FAR less to a 462cid engine and get 1000hp out of it. On top of all of that generally the service factors are better for the larger displacement engine because it isn't being pushed/worked as had as the smaller engine of the same horsepower. That was what I was getting at when I was relating the Top Fuel engine to the locomotive engine. The locomotive engine produces the same horsepower but lasts for MANY years under HEAVY loading where as the Top Fuel engine is checked/rebuilt after every couple minutes of total run time. In the OLD days the auto makers used to build 12-16cyl. large displacement engines for the same reasons. People expected their Caddy, Duesy, Lincoln, etc. to effortlessly and RELIABLY move the car around smoother and in most cases faster than the competition. The 500cid Caddy was an effort to do the same in an era of LOW compression and about all they could do was add cid. It's a matter of application. Are you trying to save weight for example or do you have limited space to work with, do the rules in your racing class only allow for some maximum cid, etc. BUT when it all comes down to the brass tacks no matter what the design criteria the more displacement you have to work with the better. I still say "There is no substitue for CUBIC INCHES."

― Socrates
― Plato

Last edited by uneasyrider; 09-28-2005 at 06:45 AM.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:53 PM

And he can't reply cause he's been banned....LOL

Old 10-08-2005, 05:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVGTO
And he can't reply cause he's been banned....LOL
That's ok because I'm right anyway. LOL!

― Socrates
― Plato
Old 10-13-2005, 08:28 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Gentlemen,

Owning a 9 second civic is a lot like coming out of the closet...You might surprise a few people at first-but in the end you're still gay.

Stu

Old 10-13-2005, 08:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Stu
Gentlemen,

Owning a 9 second civic is a lot like coming out of the closet...You might surprise a few people at first-but in the end you're still gay.

Stu
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...And that is what the REAL point is! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

― Socrates
― Plato
Old 10-13-2005, 08:47 PM

I smoked a new asstick tonight with my 93' buick lesabre. The dick had a bad case of road rage and cut me off, so I gave him a dose of his own medicine. He tried to pull away from me doing in excess of 70 mph headed west bound on interstate 64, needlessly to say I walked off and left him. 3800 v6 fwd....lol
I hate those ugly assticks, quite possibly the ugliest vehicle on the planet.

Old 10-14-2005, 12:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I love the story but just be careful... It's all fun and games until the ticket and the cuffs. LOL! It had been so many years since I had gotten a ticket (and I used to get a LOT of them between the age of 16 and 28 ) that I think this one made me a bit paranoid.

― Socrates
― Plato