Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 08-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Senior Chief

Default If money were no object.............

and you were to replace a worn out original front suspension on a 69 FB where would you go to get your parts? I plan on getting a set of front springs and everything I need to get the front suspension done but I need GM replacements. I see kits all over but some are at different prices.

Whatyasay?

TIA

Mase

Old 08-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

First and foremost, get parts made in the USA - TRW, MOOG, Spicer.

462 cid/ 6x-4/ TH400/ 3.36:1/ 28x10.5/ 3880#/ 12.35 @ 109.36/ 1.69 60 ft/ 4 wheel disc brakes/ 15 mpg
Old 08-22-2005, 12:17 AM
Senior Chief

Default .

I thought those companies just made performance suspension and not exact reproduction of the OEM GM parts? I will look at them.

Thanks!

Mase

Old 08-22-2005, 05:43 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Global west or hotchkis

Old 08-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

most of it is still available from GM the trick is knowing how to find it. most of the time if you walk into a dealer they tell you its not available but a good parts guy knows ow to cross the old numbers and can find stuff you might try Mike (ponchoshop) 219-743-8112 I have replaced almost everything on my 2nd gen TA from him

Mat it! Spray it! Chute it! Just another 8 Second Pass!
Old 08-22-2005, 11:51 PM

I am in the process of doing the same thing right now.

I found incosistent pricing on the suspension rebuild kits from performance suspension (they want 259 for a 69 camaro, but 459 for the firebird) and have heard that the parts for p-s-t and performance suspension are from china. I am not sure if that is a substantial difference, but I dont want to take the risk.

So I am piecing together most of the components form using summit and PY. A little bit more difficult, but the energy suspension bushings and moog hardware and new front springs will give me a piece of mind factor.

For shocks, I went with the edelbrocks.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:30 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox
most of it is still available from GM the trick is knowing how to find it. most of the time if you walk into a dealer they tell you its not available but a good parts guy knows ow to cross the old numbers and can find stuff you might try Mike (ponchoshop) 219-743-8112 I have replaced almost everything on my 2nd gen TA from him
Hmm? SO I guess the kits they sell at PY and the others are not a reproduction parts? It would be a hugh help if you could post what you find in cross referenceing part numbers.

Mase