Old 08-20-2005, 07:37 AM

Default Z-bar interchange

I have a 66 GTO resto underway. The Z-bar is a 67 piece. I believe it can be used in the 66. THe only thing I think I need is the small plastic bushing for the pedal rod. Are they available? If not anyone want to swap a 66 bar for a re-plated 67?
Joe

Old 08-20-2005, 11:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to baron_

i dunno if it can be interchanged, but i'm pretty sure they're physically different

i've been looking for a '66 one too, and they look different than the '67's

doesn't mean it might not work though

Old 08-21-2005, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You can get nylon spacers from Ace Hardware to make that bushing. You'll just have to cut them to length.
The '67 Z-bar has a rubber bushing on the upper arm for the pushrod, which is a different shape from the '66 because the '67 clutch pedal is different where the pushrod goes. Not sure you can mix these parts.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:25 PM

Guy's,
I am surprised at the lack of response to this simple question. Alot of members have viewed this question. Only a couple of well appreciated replies. Based on the number of views, if I were to guess there are literally 100's of years of pontiac GTO expereiences and knowledge around my question. The only differences I see according to the books I have is that the 67 unit requires a rod bushing, the shape in all photos seems similar to the 64-66 unit I need, the 67 came std. with a grease fitting where previous years it was optional. Someone out there must have the answer I need.
Anyone please.
Regards,
Joe