Old 08-26-2000, 06:41 PM

Hey all you GTO guys, I just found a 65 GTO and I need help deciphering the options code on the firewall tag.I was able to decode everything but the options line. The option codes are:

W-2L GP 3C 5NW

I believe this is what they were, it has been painted over at least twice so they are a little hard to read. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!

------------------
Will "Pontiwrek" Warner

Old 08-26-2000, 06:41 PM

Hey all you GTO guys, I just found a 65 GTO and I need help deciphering the options code on the firewall tag.I was able to decode everything but the options line. The option codes are:

W-2L GP 3C 5NW

I believe this is what they were, it has been painted over at least twice so they are a little hard to read. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!

------------------
Will "Pontiwrek" Warner

Old 08-29-2000, 04:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Will, usually the W stands for tinted windshield. The L and G are usually 4-speed w/console. As for the P could have something to do with the radio (r. speaker, r. antenna, etc.). I'll look for info on groups 3 and 5.

Old 08-29-2000, 07:22 AM

I had the same problem with my 67..I finally after buying every book known to modern man on decoding the Data plate. I gave up & e-mailed the GTOAA tech rep for 1967, and he got most of it for me. Mine was as follows:
Group 1 - (W) Tinted Windshield
Group 2 - (Z) 3spd Auto Trans
(G) Console
(R) Rear speaker
Group 5 - (Y) Deluxe frt seat belts
If all else fails contact the GTOAA rep for 65. I wish there was a book or website that dealt with decoding accessories....maybe someone will tackle that someday. Good Luck. Hope this helps.

------------------
Cruise On!!!

Old 08-29-2000, 09:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Will, Larry & Ransom have got about everything covered. Of course the remaining 5N is for GTO (Pontiac & KC assembly plants) & the 5W is for some form of seatbelts. After yesterday's developments, I am currently saying a prayer that you don't need a tach for this car...BTW, we can all thank Pete McCarthy for helping sort all of this out back in the early 90's.

Old 08-29-2000, 08:25 PM

Thanks guys that will help make the decision to buy or not. `Ol Pinion head u funny guy!! This one has a tach in the dash just where it is supposed to be!! LOL By the way guys if I buy it it WILL BE for sale in the next week. It is 4 speed car with non matching motor and it has the console, tach, and hood. Mostly complete but it is a project that someone started and never finished so it needs some work.

Old 08-30-2000, 08:23 AM

where are you gonna advertise it?

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 08-30-2000, 02:56 PM

Not sure where it will be advertised. First I need to get it home and then get it documented so I know what was original equipment and what if anything has been added or removed thru the years. When it does happen I will post in the proper area here on PY regarding the sale of the car.