Old 06-24-2000, 04:31 PM

Does anybody know of a source, or have production numbers for 70' 455 GTO's that have the optional Ram Air induction? I assume they came w/the Ram Air exhaust manifolds and possibly RA camshaft. Information is extremely sketchy and any help would be appreciated. Todd

Old 06-24-2000, 04:31 PM

Does anybody know of a source, or have production numbers for 70' 455 GTO's that have the optional Ram Air induction? I assume they came w/the Ram Air exhaust manifolds and possibly RA camshaft. Information is extremely sketchy and any help would be appreciated. Todd

Old 06-24-2000, 05:10 PM

Hi Todd,

I can't answer your question about how many '70 455 GTO's had the optional Ram Air induction, but obviously, the 17 Judges (all automatics) did. The 455 was ordered on 4129 "non-Judge" GTOs, 2210 automatics, and 1802 sticks. At this point, it's anybody's guess on how many came with the optional Ram Air.

But I can tell you that the 455's with Ram Air did NOT come with the good exhaust manifolds. I've looked at a lot of '70 455 GTOs over the years, with and without Ram Air, and all had the standard exhaust manifolds. I used to think that they would have had the good ones too, but research proved otherwise.

Sorry for the bad news.

Old 07-02-2000, 02:31 AM

Dan, I can only wonder what Pontiac was thinking when they made that descision... Thx for answering a tough question, I appreciate ANY help I can get, even if it's not what I want to hear!

Todd