Old 03-30-2002, 01:22 PM

What's up guys?! I just got my Poncho-lovin' paws on the 66 lemans that my uncle owned forever, and after 7 long years, he finally hooked me up!!!Bless his precious soul!! The ride has a 326, and a 2 speed powerglide. The machine work has been done on my 73' 455, and I got the turbo 400 waitin in line right behind it, ready to assume it's position in the driveline. What do I need to do to get the turbo 400 to fit and work properly? Will I need a new shifter, crossmember, etc? Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. LONG LIVE THE PONTIAC V-8!!!! P.S. that 10 bolt's coming out, and that 12 bolt's going in.

Old 03-30-2002, 01:22 PM

What's up guys?! I just got my Poncho-lovin' paws on the 66 lemans that my uncle owned forever, and after 7 long years, he finally hooked me up!!!Bless his precious soul!! The ride has a 326, and a 2 speed powerglide. The machine work has been done on my 73' 455, and I got the turbo 400 waitin in line right behind it, ready to assume it's position in the driveline. What do I need to do to get the turbo 400 to fit and work properly? Will I need a new shifter, crossmember, etc? Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. LONG LIVE THE PONTIAC V-8!!!! P.S. that 10 bolt's coming out, and that 12 bolt's going in.

Old 03-30-2002, 02:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Use 66 motor mounts, drop motor and trans in, slide old crossmember back to match the T-400 trans mount, drill new holes and bolt it in.

When I installed the 455 and T-400 in my 66 Lemans, I also bolted in a 12 bolt rear. If I remember right, I used the 66-67 GTO driveshaft and used a combiniation rear U-joint.

I used an aftermarket shifter as the Lemans had the colum mounted shifter.

It is really a easy swap and well worth it. Also don't forget to run a full 12 volt to your HEI.