Old 03-10-2005, 06:46 PM

How do you take out the lenses on the dash which covers the speedometer, tach, etc. to clean? Do you have to take off the whole dash to get to them? Thanks

Old 03-10-2005, 06:46 PM

How do you take out the lenses on the dash which covers the speedometer, tach, etc. to clean? Do you have to take off the whole dash to get to them? Thanks

Old 03-11-2005, 05:53 AM

Yup! I just redid my dash. The speedo needle was broken off and the clock needed repair. I had to remove the entire dash to get at the speedo. Once the dash is removed you can remove the instrument cluster to get at the plastic lense. I was going to buy a new lense but decided to try cleaning it up first. Bought a product called 3M Plastic Polish at my local auto parts store. Did about three applications to the plastic. It cleaned up real nice and I put it back in. Good luck.

Old 03-11-2005, 06:53 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You do have to remove the entire dash to get to the plastic lense. I used a product my company represents. It is a pad that goes on your cordless drill that uses the same mineral that prescription eyeglasses are polished with. It is essentially and ultra fine sandpaper, the minerals are too small to see with your eyes. The product works great. It is made by a company called NicSand and is called Clear Glass Polish.

If you cant find it in a store let me know and I will send you a sample!

Bob JOhnson