Old 11-04-2000, 06:14 AM
Senior Chief

Has anyone ever used the OEM Spray Paints I see in the catalogs and magzines? If so how where the results? Hard to imagine spray can paint being worth $20-$70 a can. Also, has anyone used POR-15 products? How are they? Thanks.

Old 11-04-2000, 06:14 AM
Senior Chief

Has anyone ever used the OEM Spray Paints I see in the catalogs and magzines? If so how where the results? Hard to imagine spray can paint being worth $20-$70 a can. Also, has anyone used POR-15 products? How are they? Thanks.

Old 11-04-2000, 07:26 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I use POR 15 all the time . It's really a great product . You can apply it with a brush and it looks like it was sprayed on . However don't put it on any thing that's going to be in direct sunlight unless you use their clear coat , the sun light breaks down the product . Also wear rubber gloves, if you get any on your hands and don't remove it right away , it will be on there for about a week .

Old 11-05-2000, 09:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I am getting ready to do my 70 Judge frame with POR-15. I elected to use the Chassis Coat semi gloss topcoat instead of the clear.

Everything I have read or heard about this stuff was very positive.

What about the putty? I need to do some repair around my rear window. Has anyone had good luck with this stuff?

Don

My 70 Judge Restoration documented at: http://thejudge.dyndns-home.com:8080/