The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 05-26-2005, 03:18 PM

I dropped a large screwdriver on the edge of my rear passenger side window and reduced it to 10,000 pieces. Oops.

I have acquired a new window. Now the task of figuring out how to replace it. PY search is down. Has anyone else had to do this? The collective wisdom of the group is appreciated, I'm sure it will save me time.

Thanks

Steve

Old 05-26-2005, 03:18 PM

I dropped a large screwdriver on the edge of my rear passenger side window and reduced it to 10,000 pieces. Oops.

I have acquired a new window. Now the task of figuring out how to replace it. PY search is down. Has anyone else had to do this? The collective wisdom of the group is appreciated, I'm sure it will save me time.

Thanks

Steve

Old 05-28-2005, 12:19 AM

What kind of car, Steve? Is it a two door with no post between the windows? If it is, you will have to remove the back seat. Then the roll up handle, armrest and side panel. Then it will be time to ask more questions.

Old 05-30-2005, 06:52 PM

Sorry, it is a 2-door hardtop Lemans. I have the back seat, door panel, window handle, and armrest out with new parts ready to go back in. I have cleaned up most of the old broken glass. The new glass has 3 holes in it. I have not been able to correlate the 3 holes with what they go with inside the door and how t+o get at the attachment points. I guess it is time to ask more questions as stated......

thanks in advance!

Steve

Old 05-31-2005, 06:46 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Steve
Take the panel off the other side. Use that as a reference.
Another thing. Try and buy or borrow a Body by Fisher manual for your car. They have very detailed descritions with photos. Ebay usually has them for 20-30 dollars. Best investment I ever made.
Gary

Old 06-01-2005, 11:53 PM

Here is a page from the Fischer Body Manual
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car_window_002.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	8262  

Old 06-02-2005, 12:08 AM

Instructions were on the previous page.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car_window_001_(3).jpg
Views:	99
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	21047  

Old 06-03-2005, 02:30 PM

Burgundy,

Thanks for the diagrams, they are much appreciated. Much better knowing what is tucked away behind the small access holes!

BTW, my second car was a '64 burgundy GTO. Thanks for the memories.

A-Body,

I had the other side apart and will use it as a reference. Now that I have a picture of what's there I stand a chance. I picked up the Fisher manual on Ebay. It should help me with the lower door hinge replacements I need to do.

This will be the weekend car project, perfect timing as they are calling for rain.

Thanks, guys! Once again PY forums comes through.

regards

Steve