Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 06-04-2005, 09:50 AM

Just did my brakes on my 64 catalina. Since it was my first time i had Car-X here in minneapolis take a look. The wheel cylinders had to be replaced. But now the cars pulls to the left when braking. They said they adjusted it a couple of times to try and get rid of it and maybe it could be the way the shoes are setting with the drums and to drive for a while to see if it corrects itself. My questions is would that acutally work? I replaced all the shoes and springs on both front and back. Any advice would be cool. thanks

Old 06-04-2005, 09:50 AM

Just did my brakes on my 64 catalina. Since it was my first time i had Car-X here in minneapolis take a look. The wheel cylinders had to be replaced. But now the cars pulls to the left when braking. They said they adjusted it a couple of times to try and get rid of it and maybe it could be the way the shoes are setting with the drums and to drive for a while to see if it corrects itself. My questions is would that acutally work? I replaced all the shoes and springs on both front and back. Any advice would be cool. thanks

Old 06-04-2005, 05:35 PM

did your car pull before brake job? assuming all air has been bled and shoes are installed correctly i would check your rubber hoses. they have a tendency to swell inside kind of like a clogged artery. one wheel cyl gets more pressure causing stronger braking and pulling to that side. good luck.