Old 03-13-2000, 08:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I need help with the convertible top color on my '70 GTO. Paint code is 58 which is Granada Gold, but the top code is "A". I can only find number codes for top colors in all of my research books. Car has a Sandalwood interior(Trim # 257). The top is old and the color also appears to be Sandalwood. Â*Car is being restored to original factory build, so any help would be appreciated. Thx
George

Old 03-13-2000, 08:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I need help with the convertible top color on my '70 GTO. Paint code is 58 which is Granada Gold, but the top code is "A". I can only find number codes for top colors in all of my research books. Car has a Sandalwood interior(Trim # 257). The top is old and the color also appears to be Sandalwood. Â*Car is being restored to original factory build, so any help would be appreciated. Thx
George

Old 05-22-2000, 03:14 AM

TININJUN,

Just read your post and can relate. I have a 70 GTO Conv., with paint code of 47A, (Verdoro according to body number plate). And like you my sources show numbers 1,2,5,7 for convertible top usage. I do know that my top was white from factory. So I guess you'll have to make a stab and say A=1 but what letter =5?
More confusing, my build sheet shows Q1,(Verdoro exterior and white top) for color. The 1970 Model Wholesale Car Order Master Form shows the convertible tops as follows
1-White
2-Black
5-Sandalwood
7-Dark Gold
I wonder if your old top was subjected to a harsh environment to appear Sandalwood? Good luck but you probably finished the job by now.
Tilster

Old 05-22-2000, 08:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<<I wonder if your old top was subjected to a harsh environment to appear Sandalwood? Good luck but you probably finished the job by now.>>

I only wish I was finished with this job [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
The car as a whole needs alot of TLC. Every time I take something apart, I find another thing that needs to be repaired. Guess thats why this is called a "Hobby."

------------------
"Run wild with an Indian, not with the crowd in a Chevy"
Check out my restoration at http://members.aol.com/jetmech15/gto

Old 10-19-2000, 12:31 AM

My 1970 convertible top code was "A" also. Pontiac Historical says it should be white. It also looks like the original top, and it is white.