Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 06-06-2003, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The ObamaNation we once called the United States of America

How do I know if my crank will accept a pilot bearing.Im changing my car over to a 4 speed.I know the holes for m/t and a/t cranks are different but dont know the actual measurement.Mine looks like it will probably accept the bearing by the way its machined.
Does anyone know the outer diameter of the pilot bearing?
Thanks,Colin

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserves neither and will loose both."-Benjamin Franklin
Old 06-06-2003, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

How do I know if my crank will accept a pilot bearing.Im changing my car over to a 4 speed.I know the holes for m/t and a/t cranks are different but dont know the actual measurement.Mine looks like it will probably accept the bearing by the way its machined.
Does anyone know the outer diameter of the pilot bearing?
Thanks,Colin

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserves neither and will loose both."-Benjamin Franklin
Old 06-07-2003, 12:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to PMD428

I think the outside Diameter is 1.378" a standard metric bearing. Bought mine at Napa

Nothing cuts like a Bridgeport. Still made in the USA!

Old 06-07-2003, 01:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you....I tried to measure the inside of the hole with my digital caliper but I dont figure I got a real accurate measurment.It was 1.38something or 1.37something(cant remember exactly)so it should work.Crank came out of a '74 400.
Colin

Old 06-07-2003, 08:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's a tip. Use a bearing instead of the brass bushing. If you can't find the bearing for the Pontiac, use one for a Volvo. Same thing, just a hair longer.

TIGER EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection for the Traditional Pontiac Engine. bill@tigerefi.com

462 cid/ 6x-4/ TH400/ 3.36:1/ 28x10.5/ 3880#/ 12.35 @ 109.36/ 1.69 60 ft/ 4 wheel disc brakes/ 15 mpg
Old 06-07-2003, 09:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You can get one from Paul Spotts, part number 7109 click on the what's new section. http://www.spottsperformance.com

Robert Williams