Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 09-28-2003, 02:40 PM

I bought a disk conversion kit from The Parts Place and the kit included what appears as 3 aluminum dust covers painted black. 2 of them look like they fit in the backing plate and the third has a smaller center. Do I need these?? I can't find them in any catalog or tech manual. I bent one of them beyond repair so I will have to order a new one if I need it, but I don't see them being used anywhere. Also what is the small one for??? I'll call Parts Place tomorrow, but I thought I'd ask the really pros. How's that for kissing ass.

Pictures included.

Ken
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rotor_Dust_Cover_2.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	20703  

Old 09-28-2003, 02:40 PM

I bought a disk conversion kit from The Parts Place and the kit included what appears as 3 aluminum dust covers painted black. 2 of them look like they fit in the backing plate and the third has a smaller center. Do I need these?? I can't find them in any catalog or tech manual. I bent one of them beyond repair so I will have to order a new one if I need it, but I don't see them being used anywhere. Also what is the small one for??? I'll call Parts Place tomorrow, but I thought I'd ask the really pros. How's that for kissing ass.

Pictures included.

Ken

Old 09-28-2003, 06:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

i would recommend having them as they will help to keep debris from the rotor and caliper. road grit , small stones etc. can get in between the brake pad and rotor causing inefficient braking and possible damage to your new parts.

Old 09-28-2003, 06:56 PM

Thanks

I give Parts Place a call tomorrow and get a replacement for the one I damaged.

Ken