Old 03-21-2004, 03:12 PM

i have a 1995 formula that has an overheating prob, the fans have been checked, and work fine, i replaced the water pump, due to a minor leak, the overheating started after the pump was replaced. i re-replaced the thermo, ive checked for air pockets, dont appear to be any. the temp reads fine around 210 or so, it can be running for hrs, then if its turned off,and turned back on like 5 min later it tach's out at 260, and boils out the overflow. ive had it to the mechanic, and they cant figure it out. it also says its low on coolant, and its got plenty in it... was wondering if anyone would have any ideas...

THANKS!!

blkformula_95

Old 03-21-2004, 03:12 PM

i have a 1995 formula that has an overheating prob, the fans have been checked, and work fine, i replaced the water pump, due to a minor leak, the overheating started after the pump was replaced. i re-replaced the thermo, ive checked for air pockets, dont appear to be any. the temp reads fine around 210 or so, it can be running for hrs, then if its turned off,and turned back on like 5 min later it tach's out at 260, and boils out the overflow. ive had it to the mechanic, and they cant figure it out. it also says its low on coolant, and its got plenty in it... was wondering if anyone would have any ideas...

THANKS!!

blkformula_95

Old 03-27-2004, 08:38 AM
Senior Chief

First, did you install the spacer between the cam and the water pump when you installed it?
Second, presure test the cap and see if it is holding the correct amount of pressure
Thrid look infront of the condensor, for a plastic bag, or newspaper (common)
Finally it may be time to remove the radiator to have cleaned out.......
If it is boiling into the overflow, the cap is probably shot......
and the Low coolant light is due to the sensor
being corroded. Ite just under the filler neck
about 3 inches.