The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 10-29-2004, 09:05 PM

Does anyone make complete 67 rear quarters yet? I have yet to see a NOS rear quarter for sale ANYWHERE,and I guess I probably never will!I know PY and someone else promised them at one point but I haven't been around for a while and need to catch up!Thanks.

Old 10-29-2004, 09:05 PM

Does anyone make complete 67 rear quarters yet? I have yet to see a NOS rear quarter for sale ANYWHERE,and I guess I probably never will!I know PY and someone else promised them at one point but I haven't been around for a while and need to catch up!Thanks.

Old 10-30-2004, 06:14 PM

TTT

Old 10-30-2004, 06:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

nos 67 quarters are very, very rare as well as very expensive when they show up. Current repos are not too good. To the best of my knowledge there are no plans for a better quarter.

Old 10-30-2004, 07:35 PM

It is just amazing to me that no one makes them!Everybody with a 67 pretty much has needed them and of course there will be a need for them in the future with the muscle car market already there!I know of the dice and splice 66 quarters available,what a mess no matter how good a body man you are!If there are none you would need to find a donor car and that will be costly so if you could make 'em and charge 1800 or more(probably)you would still sell 'em as fast as you could make 'em so if you are in the body parts(metal fab?) business why wouldn't you grab at the dough?....! Explain where I'm missing something since I don't have a business Masters.....LOL!

Old 10-30-2004, 08:18 PM

it's probably the intial cost of tooling, set up, licensing [if that still applies],buying nos or perfect used patterns, and the fact that 67 is a one yr deal. like the 73 /74 models, some stuff on 68's,65's ect.

it takes a tremendous amount of cash/ manhours to bring something like this to market.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 10-31-2004, 05:23 PM

You see rear quarters for a lot of the cars now, even 442's. Goodmark even made some of the Cuda/Challengers but no 66 or 67 GTOs. That sucks. I would buy a set in a heart beat.

Old 10-31-2004, 05:37 PM

Right! Even if they were 2grand a side they would be worth it!That's my point,I'd buy a set,you'd buy a set,anyone else that owns a rusty 67(LOL)would buy a set! That's just the truth,there are still so many cars in need of these parts,and into the future,what if someone crushes your mint original rear 1/4? I KNOW it costs vast sums of cubic dollars to make it possible but someone eventually WILL(mark my words!)step up and make a reasonable 67 complete rear quarter.Maybe thats what I should be doing.......... Hmmmm........

Old 10-31-2004, 05:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't know if I'm going to continue waiting, or work with what I've got. But if a RH quarter were available... *SIGH*

Old 10-31-2004, 08:05 PM

Thats two at least I'd have sold......plus my 2.......Perhaps this should've been a poll.....C'mon,really,who wants to take a 66 repro-incomplete 1/4 and cut it,weld on a panel or two,(ugh!)grind it,sand it,block it,and then have to finish the inside as well for a finished look!?Whats it worth?What is a "complete" nos type 1/4 worth to you? My pillar is a mess and a complete 1/4 would make it a whole new matter! On the other hand I would have to have a perfect one(on a car)to measure/mold/contour a repro one but.........yup......*sigh*.....

Old 11-03-2004, 05:21 PM

Well, I know a left and right 67 quarters would be sold here! That makes another set! Maybe if we get a poll started on here and on the other board, we might find that someone is missing the boat on manufactoring them.

Old 11-03-2004, 05:55 PM

I already sold my '67. I was tired of waiting. I would have spent thousands on other parts as well, but without the quaters there was no point.

Brian

Old 11-04-2004, 08:34 AM

My condolences.One of the best looking cars ever made,way undervalued compared to the umpty million produced mopars ,camaros,chevelles,mustangs.....I am sorry to hear that you sold the car because of this ,but I do understand!That would have been another set of R and L quarters I could have sold.Who is the idiot at GM that destroyed the dies/mold for these quarters? I swear I will buy a mint LeMans to cut the pillar/1/4 piece I need! CCass,whats the problem? No lack of interest on the buyer/investor side ,so WHAT'S UP ??????

Old 11-09-2004, 04:34 PM

One more sold here! and a set of fenders too!! Anyone know what the complete doors frames are like? I've seen them advertised as a complete door without the mechanics or trim but they are made in Asia somewhere BUT to GM Restoration specs??? Anyone know anything about this?

Old 11-09-2004, 06:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had to patch the bottoms of both my quarters. Would much rather have replaced them with nos pieces. It is unfortunate the repops are so poor. There is certainly a big demand for new quarters but the cost of properly tooling these is very high. Certainly someone has run the numbers and decided it won't pay off.

Old 11-10-2004, 09:48 PM

Geez,there has GOT to be a way!!!!!!!!!!!I realize someone did just that....did the math and came up bankrupt! Somehow,someway,someone,somewhere has the answer to this metal fab problem and doesn't even know it yet!.....?