The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

View Poll Results: Poll question
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2004, 04:13 PM

need help finding a front clip from 1970-1972 was thinking of going with fiberglass parts IE fenders hood front bumper all bolt together. any use this stuff how does it fit and look and were did you get it from any help will be great.

Old 02-14-2004, 04:13 PM

need help finding a front clip from 1970-1972 was thinking of going with fiberglass parts IE fenders hood front bumper all bolt together. any use this stuff how does it fit and look and were did you get it from any help will be great.

Old 02-15-2004, 04:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Glasstech and VFN both have excellent products. You can search the advertisers index in National Dragster or other publications for contact info.

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 02-15-2004, 06:12 PM

thank you very much any little bit helps anybody see the product on a car for fitment does it look good I am building a driver not a show car
thanks

Old 02-15-2004, 09:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

you can get a real nice repo. hood and front valence in steel,fenders and bumpers are more difficult to find, why the fiberglass??

Old 02-15-2004, 11:55 PM

I am trying to do a clone from and I can not find anything in steel with a good price that is rust free everybody wants from 3000-5000 for a front clip it seams fiberglass is the only way to go. I am open to other options. I am trying to do the bolt together parts not the one piece so I can retain my fender skirts.

Old 02-16-2004, 09:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via Yahoo to Goin' Topless

3000-5000 bucks for a front clip? Wow. Must be regional. I was at a swap meet last year and turned down an offer of a '70 GTO clip for $750 from a guy I bought a Ram Air hood from.

My advice is obvious and frustrating: Plan long-term and buy one piece at a time. The hood, valence, lenses, headlight bezels, grilles, hood hinges, ram air scoops, inner fenderwells, core support and fender chrome can be bought new (repro) or found in very good shape on ebay. An Endura nose might cost a chunk of change but ask around on this site. I'm sure someone has an extra. As for the fenders, rust free originals are hard to find. Odds are you'll have to get patch panels for them. You might find you'll be saving a lot of money by buying the individual pieces.

Good luck and don't give up! The parts are out there!

Old 02-16-2004, 10:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

the front bumpers usually sell for around 200.- 300., the fenders you can find for around 300.00 and up depending on condition, the repo hoods are 379.99 and are nice!

Old 02-17-2004, 05:39 AM

thanks for all the info. the people on this site are great. my project is going to be long because it needs about everything because of the weather and salt that they use up here so yes time is what I have it is the parts that I do not. I wonder why noone has made repro fenders for the 1970-1972 models yet. Do you know if pontiac still makes them that is why there are no reproductions out there?

Old 02-17-2004, 09:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via Yahoo to Goin' Topless

To answer your question, no, Pontiac does not make these fenders anymore.

Since many good fenders can easily be found, there essentially is no market for selling new ones. I'm sure the cost would be very high to "tool up" for something as complex as a 70-72 fender. I bet the costs of said fender would run 450-500 bucks. And any decent manufacturer isn't going to spend all that time and money to produce a few hundred of an item that has a weak market to begin with.

Ask Ccass. He has first hand knowledge with the 68-69 fenders. It's all supply and demand. Reganomics.