67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 07-05-2004, 01:40 PM
Senior Chief

I have found a throttle assembly for a 67 FB that includes the throttle rod, the linkage that goes to the firewall, and the rod that attaches to the pedal. The seller wants me to make an offer, but I don' t have a clue what this thing is worth. The main part I need is the linkage to the firewall since it is not reproduced. Any ideas on what it' s worth?

Old 07-05-2004, 01:40 PM
Senior Chief

I have found a throttle assembly for a 67 FB that includes the throttle rod, the linkage that goes to the firewall, and the rod that attaches to the pedal. The seller wants me to make an offer, but I don' t have a clue what this thing is worth. The main part I need is the linkage to the firewall since it is not reproduced. Any ideas on what it' s worth?

Old 07-13-2004, 09:37 PM

If he was a friend he would give it to you, If you can't find another one and need it I would give him $10. and try to get some other stuff thrown in with it, like the wire holder on the valve cover.
Dave ('67 400 Convert,tyrol blue)

Old 07-13-2004, 10:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

OK first off, shouldn't the linkage to the carb on a firebird be a cable? it is a rod on a camaro...unless it is a six banger. Second, as far as I know they reproduce everything BUT the metal portion of the assembly that is on the interior. The plastic pedal , shaft, spring and retainer...all reproduced. the plastic piece that bolts on the fire wall and through which the metal pedal rod mounts ("accelerator pedal rod support")...reproduced. Cables (or rods if you like) to go from there to the carb...reproduced. accelerator pedal rod for V-8 camaro....reproduced. Acccelerator pedal rods for firebirds (with cable linkage) or Camaro sixes (also cable) ....not produced.

Most of these parts are on page 110 of Classic industries 2002 firebird catalog...or page 102 of classics 2003 camaro catalog.....don't pay too much when you can get it new (and everything I have picked up has worked very well).

Having said all that, I've seen camaro six cylinder accelerator rods sell for over $50 on ebay and as low as $10. Firebird pedal rods I've seen also and they seem to be more evenly priced...I've also seen them trying to be passed off as camaro pedal rods and then selling for dirt cheap or not at all as the wrong clientele is bidding.

If you are not comfortable with the price then hang in there 'cause there is bound to be another 'round the corner

Old 07-14-2004, 03:39 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The 1967 Firebird models used a rod to the carb.The 1968 and later used a cable.

Old 07-14-2004, 07:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That's really strange. My 67 firebird convert, which came with a 350, has a cable. Well, if the rod is the thing to have to be correct (not my concern necessarily but it may matter to some) I wonder if the Camaro rods will work? there are three different kinds available.

Old 07-14-2004, 07:07 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks, I' ll get a Classic catalog and take a look. While I have seen the linkages that connect to the rod for Camaro' s, I haven' t seen them for Firebirds in the catalogs I' ve looked at. From the pictures I' ve seen, the Camaro ones look like they mount a little different, but I could be wrong. Also, the piece on the firewall that the pedal rod goes through should be metal for 67' s and plastic for 68 and 69 and I' m not sure if that is reproduced either.

Old 07-14-2004, 08:19 PM
Senior Chief

Flowjoe's 67 with a 350 may not be original, as I thought 67 had 326's & moved up to 350's in 68. So his cable setup could be from a later design for 350's.