Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2020, 11:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455rebel View Post
Might be dumb ?, but I'm a flat tapett man, never messed with a roller. Does this lower the cost of going to a roller?
Well, I can tell you on the SB Fords it most certainly does, since all the factory parts drop right in without modifications. I had the dog bones and spider along with brand new lifters for $175. A roller stick is $250-$300 and I was done. A retro roller kit with tie bars is upwards of $750 or more.

On other engines that remains to be seen. On the Pontiac, it depends on what brand or style lifter 68hotbird finds that works with the oil band location on a Pontiac, or possibly the lifter bore oiling mod needs to be done to open up the choices. Seems he has the spider and dog bones figured out and those are usually pretty cheap to buy. Pretty slick if it all works out.