Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 07-25-2005, 05:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Good day. I have a chance at a few cars. two are complete but long since running 64 GP's with the 421's carb to pan. Both cars gave the automatic with console shift, and the vaccumn gauges along with the AM/FM radios. ONly one of them would I consider being a decent project because it's really in better shape than most 70 Pontiac's I come across. Both cars with the same 421 engines, heads, and carbs right to the number. Both have oil that's dirty and with no signs of water. What else can I look for while the engines are in the car for engine condition? I did not see any rust inside even the cooling system as much of it I could see anyway. But, are pistons and other parts hard to get from the aftermarket for these Engines?

Also, I have a chance at buying a 75 I happened across a one owner 75 Grand Safari wagon loaded with options. The wagon has the 455 with #51 heads 4bbl carb. And just passed emmisions with room to spare. Anyway, it has some 15" rally wheels on it, so I was wanting to know if any of the suspension is compatable with my 66 A body or 68 F body? What bolt pattern were the 75 wagons? And did many of them come with a posi rear end? I have the VIN number but didn't have a chance to get down and look real close under the car. I, can buy this rust free car with running engine for a song considering the 455 it has. But, the wheels a real nice and I'd like them for my A body or F body. If the rear would fit it might be a posi? Or, was it the corporate rear? If so, and it's posi I have extra axles that are 5 on 4.3/4" and maybe they would install in the big wagons rear? Good day friends. < Mike >