Old 07-10-2022, 10:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Lecarra formula style steering wheel

Looking for a formula style steering wheel in Camel. Lecarra makes a leather wrapped one in tan. Does anyone know if the tan on this steering wheel is close to Camel?

Old 07-11-2022, 01:24 AM
Suspended

You may have to speak to a stockist directly. Apart from variations in spoke colour, that not all seem to offer, a quick search also shows a wide variation in the tan. The FC sample shows what could be a camel version that fits among the different tans found in a camel car, whereas the other is a pale beige, even given screen variations and use of stock photos, you can tell they are not the same shade. Having said that, one is described as camel tan, the other just tan. Although that's not always a safe bet either, but it's something. They look neat though, reproductions haven't always looked quite right, but have often had a reputation for being weak and bending easily for the big guys that tend to use their wheel to get in and out of car. No idea how these ones compare.

https://www.firebirdcentral.com/Form...p/ste-2303.htm

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/lac-61409

Last edited by Trevor78; 07-11-2022 at 01:40 AM.
Old 07-11-2022, 03:25 AM

I bought this steering wheel (part #61416). from Summit. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/LAC-61416

Lecarra calls this color "Chestnut" but after scouring the intewebz trying to find decent pics of the available colors, I determined this to be the closest to Camel of their offerings. I rolled the dice in July 2020 and It arrived a couple months later. I was not disappointed. In my opinion it's at least a pretty good color match and a great color fit. I didn't feel the need to scrutinize it next to other interior parts which, are all either restored of dyed anyway. And as we all know, many panels didn't match right out of the factory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200912_150558582.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	594090  

'79 T/A Solar Gold Metallic W72/WS6

'71 GT-37

Last edited by Hoodshaker; 07-11-2022 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Photo didn't show.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoodshaker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2022, 03:16 PM

They are really nice steering wheels, I just wish they would make that stitch seam centered for symmetry. Kinda like the TATA wheel.

Old 07-12-2022, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
They are really nice steering wheels, I just wish they would make that stitch seam centered for symmetry. Kinda like the TATA wheel.
That's a great point. Really, that's probably the ideal way to do it for any wrapped wheel with a spoke pointed directly at six 'o clock. That's where the seam is for their other wheels that don't have a vertical spoke.

'79 T/A Solar Gold Metallic W72/WS6

'71 GT-37
Old 07-12-2022, 03:45 PM

Summit showing a Sept 9 ship date on the LeCarra wheel, hope you're not in a hurry.

Old 07-13-2022, 03:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the info, just ordered one. Long lead times are pretty much the norm these days. 2-3 months is short compared to how long I waited for some things.