Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Senior Chief

Default AAA

Anyone here use it? Is it worth the fee? Tried to find promo codes for discounts but yet to find one that will work for Ohio.
Thanks

Old 02-23-2013, 09:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've had AAA coverage as long as I've been driving, and think it's well worth it. One tow will pay for a year's dues, plus they have other benefits like free travel agency services and other similar discounts.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:33 PM
Suspended

Same here. I've needed a jump or a tow or even some gas (bad fuel gauge) just about once every year.
It's good to review what they offer every now and then because you'll forget all the other stuff they offer members.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep I had to use it this past summer and saved me the cost of a tow. It paied for itself the first time.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Had them for 28 yrs. and never had a tow. Have walked out of there travel office and got better price on airline tickets. They make you pay the membership which adds to the cost of there insurance. Had a good agent that took care of me and when he retired I left and never looked back.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've had AAA since the kids started driving 10 years ago. Well worth the peace of mine. My policy(maybe everybody's) the person is covered not the car. If my kid is riding in a friends car and needs AAA it's covered. Plus hotel/airline and other discounts just for showing your card.

TOM
Old 02-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

same here, have had it for 30+ years, only needed a couple of tows, we use it more for discounts on hotels\rental cars\amusement park tickets\travel maps & location discount books, etc.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Whats nice about it too is that the car you are in wheather you be a passanger or driver,that car is coverd as long as you are with it.
I have used it for travel brake downs and 2 years ago I was able to use AAA when I broke my GTO at the drag strip. Broke my t-400.
They showed up with a rollback and off we went.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Had it for many a year until we had a bad experience with a tow of sons GTP.Called twice because they hadnt responded in 4 hrs and they charged us stating it was a clunker. Finally got it straightened out and told them I wasnt renewing. Now have towing and roadside assistance included in auto insurance for $5yr per car.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969GTO View Post
Whats nice about it too is that the car you are in wheather you be a passanger or driver,that car is coverd as long as you are with it.
I have used it for travel brake downs and 2 years ago I was able to use AAA when I broke my GTO at the drag strip. Broke my t-400.
They showed up with a rollback and off we went.
Thats a good reason to have it for guys that drive their car to the dragstrip.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:35 PM
Senior Chief

Smile AAA???????

they have always been anti-performance, so i have never bothered with em , or any other auto club, i just keep my vehicles in top condition and carry plenty of cash for emergencys.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We have had AAA for years. Besides maps and towing I usually get all my notary work and license renewals. I may be crazy but having a person in front of you when doing notary is a lot easier,than trying to talk to someone in Harrisburg when you have a problem.Someone signed the title for my current SD in the wrong place(the car was dropped off).I have the car-girl said no problem..

Old 02-25-2013, 06:48 PM
Senior Chief

Hoping to get some deals while on vacation. I know where we are staying they will give ten percent off. The wifes car and my truck are new so we should not have to many problems I hope. lol
I guess I will try it for a year and see what I can save while we are down there.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well worth it. It gives me and the wife peace of mind. Last month I used it twice in an hour. 1st car early morning to work and click a bad battery. Called AAA and had towed to the shop. Get in 2nd car and half way to work a guy hits me head on. AAA was called again and towed to the shop. Bought a used car about a year and a half ago and it had an inacurate fuel guage. I ran out of gas the 3rd day I had it. AAA brought gas to the side of the interstate for me and away I went.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have been a member since 1968 (ex-mother-in-law Xmas present). That's 45 years of dues. Sure can't say I ever came close to getting my monies out of it. Before GPS and computers it was good for Trip-Tiks, maps and travel planing services. Used it only a couple times for lockout, dead battery and onece a tow home after I spun a rod bearing in my 1961 283-315HP Corvette at Dragway 42. Great for towing services, not sure how valuable the maps and trip planning stuf is anymore.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have it, idoubt if it pays for itself, it`s insurance after all. I have used it for tows in the past, peace of mind, certainly.

George

Old 02-26-2013, 12:14 PM

For the $85 bucks a year its worth it for me!

Its sure comes in handy when I'm out snowplowing out here in the boonies at 4am and
get stuck/hi-centered while doing my thing. There is nobody around to pull me out
or give me a tug so its AAA to the rescue.

Also I never know if "sarge" has a flat at the mall or leaves her lights on and kills the battery and needs a jump...............

Its worth it to me...............

Old 02-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu72 View Post
Hoping to get some deals while on vacation. I know where we are staying they will give ten percent off. The wifes car and my truck are new so we should not have to many problems I hope. lol
I guess I will try it for a year and see what I can save while we are down there.
same here, can't believe those that say it doesn't pay for itself don't travel or goto theme parks & get the discounts, even some restuaraunts provide AAA discounts.

i guess they haven't seen the commercials "use it for all its worth"

Old 02-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Senior Chief

For what it's worth I have been looking for a promo code but yet to find one for Ohio. But I did find that if you put in different zip codes in Ohio that I could buy it for $55.00. Now if they let me get away with this I don't know but we will see. I did put in my correct zip when entering my personal info when buying it so we will see.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

AAA is for the policy holder and not the car. Even if you are riding as a passenger with grandma in her 1965 Rambler and it breaks down AAA will tow it as long as you are there.