Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 02-19-2002, 10:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Racers,
Who do you recommend for insurance on your Race Car & Trailer? What type of questions/coverage should I request? I'm in the investigation stage. I'll post the results of my search for others when I have secured my insurance coverage. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-19-2002, 10:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Racers,
Who do you recommend for insurance on your Race Car & Trailer? What type of questions/coverage should I request? I'm in the investigation stage. I'll post the results of my search for others when I have secured my insurance coverage. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-19-2002, 11:24 PM
Boost Engineer

Three Doberman Pincers with trailer, etc parked inside fireproof building. Model 37 Ithaca brand
shotgun with number 4 bird shot may give you some
peace of mind.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 02-20-2002, 02:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think Tom covered this topic well.

Ron

Due to the current economic conditions...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Meet you at the finish line.....don't be late!
Old 02-20-2002, 11:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Strategically placed claymore mines, w/ blast facing away from valuables of course.

SECOND AMENDMENT: AMERICA'S ORIGINAL HOMELAND SECURITY!
Old 02-20-2002, 01:33 PM

I'm in the middle of doing the same think. There's 2 agents that advertise in National Dragster: Kincaid 330-834-0003 and AO Underwriters 877-898-2277. They both get their coverage from Lloyd'd of London. One quoted me $580 and the other $720 for the same coverage. I'm going with a local agent of Great American Insurance for $500 with the same coverage. If you can't find one of their agents email me and I'll hook you up.

Old 02-20-2002, 03:08 PM
Boost Engineer

All kidding aside, (maybe I am not Kidding), I
have used Great American over the years and have been very satisfied. Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 02-20-2002, 05:44 PM

Aaron, You will still want to secure an insurance coverage policy on your car and trailer, but If I had your rig I would install an alarm system on the trailer (and maybe the car too). It could be armed for door access and/or movement detection. I have a friend that is in the high-end car stereo & alarm system market and I can put you in touch w/him if you like. I am sure he could arm your trailer in some pretty creative ways. Depending on where you store the car & trailer it may or may not be the best option for you. If you store it in some remote area, then the alarm may not buy you much. If it is stored at home, or in a populated area, it sure wouldn't hurt to have it armed.

Old 02-23-2002, 09:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I just insured my 40 foot gooseneck trailer with living quarters through State Farm for $318.00 a year.

Old 02-24-2002, 01:11 AM
Suspended

Tom V has the right idea LOL But I use State Farm for every-thing .Good -Luck [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2002, 05:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Follow-up: Kincaid Insurance (330-834-0003) in Canton, Ohio quoted me $525/year with a $1K deductible. Insurance covers theft, comprehensive, collision on a $25K Drag Car and $3K trailer. Coverage is provided when the car is in storage at my home or traveling to/from the track. They were the only company I found that would quote insurance for a drag car with an open trailer. I am awaiting a written quote. Very helpful and the owner is a drag racer.

Old 03-08-2002, 05:33 PM

I believe in the MHL group(mikes hard lemonade),this also goes for my retirement plan,and my health and dental.
Later,
Roger