Old 07-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Console and carpet

I did a search but to no avail. We are installing a console in what was a non console 4 speed 64 GTO. He bought the carpet a long time ago before the console was in the picture. What I need to verify is if the carpet is the same or are they molded or cut different? Also is the shifter porch the same with and without console? The console doesn't seem to look right over the shifter porch. The porch goes forward farther that the chrome dropped area around the shifter so that it sits on top of the porch. Puttting the carpet in now but don't want to cut anything until I know for sure.

Thanks a bunch!

Anyone have a picture from drivers side of the console to porch fit?

Old 07-07-2012, 12:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Mark, the shifter porch really will only fit in one place. Carpet is the same with and w/o manual console. Do you have the console far enough forward toward the firewall? I've never had/heard of a problem like you're describing.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hi Bob

Yeah we have the porch in the only place it fits tight. We also have the console positioned where the plastic sides match the dips and humps in the floor. If the chrome drop area of the console is supposed to hang over the porch all the way around (which is what I would have designed) then the chrome drop is not big enough. It sits totally on top of the porch. I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it to show you what I mean. This is a 65 Repo console but I think they are the same in that area. I'm aware of the separate piece in the shifter hole. We did paint it the right color at least, we custom mixed it to match the gauges and got that dead on.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There needs to be remove for the carpet to slide under the chrome drop and the entire console area, but I think you already know that.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The console actually sets forward of the heater duct 1/2 inch or so.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There needs to be remove. WHAT kind a language is that???????????????/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FIRST RIDE 002.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	290254  

Old 07-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Not sure what you mean Bob

Bill, thanks for the picture. Do you have a close up of the chrome drop to porch area?

Thanks for the help!

Old 07-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Mark, if I learned how to spell right you wouldn't have a problem. Remove = room. Here's a couple pictures that might help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-004F.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	290271   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-005F.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	290272  

Old 07-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks Bob. It looks like that one sits in the same place we have this one. Maybe I'm being too anal.