Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2023, 04:32 PM

Default Tempest Power Tailgate Window

Tempest Power Tailgate Window (Safari)

"... will let you raise or lower tailgate window by a simple touch of the finger. Permits greater circulation of air ... enhances appearance, too."

In an attempt to make everything electrical work on the Tempest, I finally put the tailgate parts back together. I had rebuilt the 2 side windows with new rubber and fuzzy u-channels. Also cleaned and painted the power window mechanism. I preserved the original yellow part # by covering with a piece of tape.

Electrical contact to the window is made by a set of brass contacts on the body and tailgate that come together when tailgate is closed. The window operates up and down smoothly now.

The car had a damaged tow hitch on it when I bought it. It appears it was rear ended while towing a small trailer which then struck tailgate. I have a spare tailgate if I should need it.

Last year I found an NOS tailgate molding. Last pic. The single most expensive part purchased for the car.