Pontiac - Race The next Level

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2011, 09:35 PM
Senior Chief

Interesting. I was expecting higher numbers also. Guess that can sort of teach me just how much the valve size can matter.

I know that most of these heads ran with a blower. Just out of curiosity, of the Hemi, and chamber/port designs in general. I won't be upset if nobody awnsers, but I got a rare opportunity here to get a motor man's opinion of the hemi. So;

Do you think the hemi head design would promote better scavanging in the overlap to the point where a wedge head with similar flow numbers would make less power on a running motor?

With a lack of a quench, and the port being so straight, would much be lost due to the lack of a quench area on an N/A gas combo?

Do you also think that would cause more reversion problems in a motor that saw time out side of it's peak power range?