Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 03-11-2014, 11:16 AM
Suspended

He stated there were no vacuum leaks

I have found that with used or old carbs when you rebuild them, you must probe each little orifice to ensure they are not clogged with dibris. I use a single strand of copper wire, its soft and will not damage the orifice's

David Vizard also has a good book on the Holley's......Oh? Am I allowed to say that?

Gee, sorry Tom.

just trying to separate the ego from the info. real teachers do that

Last edited by Pontirag; 03-11-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:04 PM

I very seldom post any replies on this and other forums because they also seem to end up with one person attacking another for their ideas. Please just try and stick to ideas on how to fix problems, if you disagree with somebodys comments please try to do it by private messages!

henry @ olescarb

Old 03-11-2014, 12:38 PM

Yes, I'm certain there are know vacuum leaks. However I will check again after the spacer installation.
I have learned lessons through this build. Like, don't run 3/8 stock rocker studs and pushrods with an aggressive cam and springs. And check the 90deg angle when you buy used aluminum intake manifold. I have had the intake manifold off this engine twice because of these 2 scenarios. The second time due leaks on intake port 5 and 7.