Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 07-25-2005, 06:07 PM

Hello everyone I'd been on the forum for a while just kinda lurking around but i thought i'd share a little today.

I live in upstate NY and i have 2 cars. My former daily driver which was a 71 ventura 4 door/w 74 gto hood. With some work and a few parts i got her to run a 13.5@108mph and thats with the stock 3.08 open rear and a 235-60-15 tires. Manual drums and a 6 3/4 turn lock to lock manual steering box are standard equipment.

Also i have a 67 Tempest 4 door fresh out of a garage with 60859miles on it bias ply skinnies and all. The car came with an ohc 6 and flat cam. the rear is a 2.78 open rear the interior is 90% and the body is verry good for the area i live in with just the typical trunk rust. So far i've added a bigger front bar and a trans am 2 3/4 turn power steering box along

To this car i have added the phw 400 from the 71 added eddie intake holley 750(which is getting swapped for a q jet)and a one inch 4 hole spacer. and a 77 trans am shaker air cleaner assembly to clear the stock hood 6x-4 heads 60k on bottom end headmen street heders pypes 2.5 inch x pipe kit through dynomax mufflers. Comp cams 270h, and recurved hei Summit alunimum raidiator and engine oil cooler,and fitler relocation kit. some chrome eddie covers (cheapest) and a junkyard electric fan.

The trans is a junk yard th4oo with b+m shift kit midwest 2800 converter and deep trans pan with cooling tubes there is also an aux cooler on the rad. if you'd noticed my other post it tells about the trans dying 2 days after i got the car back together and so now a week later i'm in the middle of a rebuild.

oh yeah 20 gallon fuel cell and battery in the trunk, the orginal tank was full of crud and a cheap used cell with sender was around so i bought that.

A few points:

I'm wondering how the 3.08 to 2.78 change will effect the quatrter time Right now i've got a fresh posi 3.23 gears and an install kit for the chev 8.5 rear but i cant seem to find an 8.5 housing locally or affordably

Also i wonder how the how much slower the car will be from 13.5@108 due to the 250lb car weight increase, The additonal hp lossing from upgrading from the old th350 to th400 or the loss from the power steering

More pretty but slower It was nice though in the 2 days of driving i got many compliments where i had never gotten them with the 71 ventura, the 71 was pretty ugly.

Atleast the bad transmission is saving me money on gas.

Brandon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image090.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	15631  

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2442671/1