THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Angry MICE!

Opened the hood on a car Monday afternoon and there was a mouse walking across the cowl screen, a little pissed off I had woken him up. Picked up mouse traps yesterday and set two in the engine compartment after dinner.

2 Confirmed kills this morning!

Traps have been re-set and re-located, I have two more that I'll be setting today.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 05-07-2014, 07:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Peanut butter is the best bait in the traps. Or cats, of course. Best of all is teamwork. Here's our fearless team of de-rodentizers resting after a day of doing nothing (all the mice moved back outside once spring started).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sleepy animals.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	362744  

Old 05-07-2014, 07:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I was going to start a thread on those critters too. Never before in garage and saw some shredded paper. Set up some old traps with peanut butter and it was one by one. Total for the last few months 8...

Seems to be an explosion of Coyote bait these days between rabbit, possum, and the mice are surviving?

Neighbor has cats prowling all night and use to be good but they also seem well feed on birds and less mice for them lately too?

Old 05-07-2014, 08:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I bought some mice killer for my shed at my old house and I killed several mice and rats. Darn neighbors on both side never picked up their dog crap. I got lucky the mice and rats never went into the GT-37.

Car is a junk yard dog and maybe one day will be restored.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Put sheets of Bounce in the car, on the car, all over the car, and that will keep the boogers away! When we put the boat away for the season, we put a sheet in every nook and cranny and never had an issue with them. Never found a single turd in it. I keep a couple sheets tucked away and hidden (under the back seat for one) in the 70 just in case. Occasionally I'll see one run around by the garage.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Senior Chief

My cat does a great job of keeping them out of the house. I find dead mice outside all the time. The traps inside haven't been touched in a long time. I also heard that peppermint oil keeps mice away. The smell is too strong for them.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Warmly reminds me of my deceased best friend and his mice encounters.....

Funniest was when he came down to hunt one fall season. Had his hunting boots ready to put on at zero dark thirty, and he put his hand down inside to stretch them out I guess......mice nest.

He had brought them from MD to NC....that woke him up.

He got bit on another incident. Went on mountain weekend getaway with his wife and they had pizza in the room. He fell asleep and didn't wash his hands apparently and had his arm out over a night stand.

He said he was dreaming something was licking his fingers and turns out it was....when he moved the mouse bit him.

Another was when he hauled a 68 GTO vert for me out of a barn up North.

Thing was full of mice and his old truck was running bad/rich and had a bad exhaust problem.

When he went back to check on the car at rest stop mice were flopping all over the interior, the ones that hadn't died.

He hated mice and they always found him....

Old 05-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Boss,

IF you can find it in CT, try One Bite. It works VERY well.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 05-07-2014, 10:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Mice...

Funny story...driving my 70 Lemans down I-75 heading home from judging the T/A Nats in 2012 at about 75mph. All of the sudden, here comes a mouse out of the cowl grate and is looking at me through the windshield. Little SOB was under the hood walking left to right on the grating. Waited for him to step up onto the lower window stainless in the path of the wipers...flipped the switch...he's now a grease spot somewhere along I-75!

Old 05-07-2014, 10:34 AM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

When I drug my old Firebird out of a field to my uncles house a field rat came from the cowl and went up in his attic; he said it sounded like a heard of buffalo running through the attic. Took him a month to catch; actually his boy finally go it in a trap but had to shoot it to kill it. haha

Old 05-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Last year I caught 6 mice with the same piece of cheese. The older it gets, the harder it gets, (I'm talkin bout cheese) and the mice won't give up trying to get it. "SNAP"

3 Generations of "Beach Boys Racing" !

Everybody knows somthin.
Nobody knows everything !

1st time on a dragstrip, 1964. Flagstart !

"Thanks for the entertainment."

"Real Indians Don't Wear Bowties"
Old 05-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have one of those electric traps (They shock the mouse to death.) It cost $50, but works really well.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:13 AM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat Racer View Post
The older it gets, the harder it gets, (I'm talkin bout cheese) and the mice won't give up trying to get it. "SNAP"
Old Goat

I am glad you clarified what gets hard, because I was about to take that another way.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
Put sheets of Bounce in the car, on the car, all over the car, and that will keep the boogers away! When we put the boat away for the season, we put a sheet in every nook and cranny and never had an issue with them. Never found a single turd in it. I keep a couple sheets tucked away and hidden (under the back seat for one) in the 70 just in case. Occasionally I'll see one run around by the garage.
A friend of mine has an old trailer parked on some hunting land in the middle of nowhere.He also puts the sheets everywhere.We have never found even 1 turd in the trailer.Bounce dryer sheets work great.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by indymanjoe View Post
A friend of mine has an old trailer parked on some hunting land in the middle of nowhere.He also puts the sheets everywhere.We have never found even 1 turd in the trailer.Bounce dryer sheets work great.
And I bet the trailer smells good too!

Old 05-07-2014, 11:40 AM

Irish Spring soap is supposed to work too. Cut slices off of the bar and put them in the car and under the hood. I've never tried it but read/heard that is works like the Bounce dryer sheets. I use the Bounce in my car.
James

Old 05-07-2014, 11:42 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris65LeMans View Post
I have one of those electric traps (They shock the mouse to death.) It cost $50, but works really well.
Do you inject them with a pain killer first like our correction institute does LOL.
Boss try peppermint oil on a cotton ball work for me .

Old 05-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Senior Chief

In a North Carolina, it's not only the mice but yellow sac spiders too

http://northeast-nc.legalexaminer.co...r-auto-recall/

Apparently Mazda just issued another recall for the same issue.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Thanks for starting this Chris, I was going to as well.

For the first time in 19 years I've got mice in the shop. They get in the attic and make all kinds of noise, driving me crazy. I got a couple with peanut butter then nothing, but they were still there. Then I tried a slim jim, worked excellent for a bit then nothing again. I'm going back to peanut butter to see what happens.

A new neighbor moved in with cats so I suspect the mice moved to safer housing, bast*rds.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

All my surrounding neighbors have no outdoor cats, and mice prob's in their garages.
I had 1 to 2(sometimes 3) full time semi wild cats living in mine for bout 30 years and never had mice prob's.
Ya, i'm a cat person. Would have a dog too, but not home enough to properly care for one.
Although sometimes have to clean up bird, rabbit, and squirrel leftovers...
And there was the time one of them killed a raccoon in the interior of my 67 FB.
What a bloody-sh*ty mess(lucky the seats and door panels where out) from the 8-10lb coon! The 26lb cat(huge-all muscle) fared vary well. Guess he didn't like it steal'n from his food dish.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100