Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 07-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default MC & Power Booster Recommendations

Good morning all.
I have original drum brake setup on all 4 wheels, distribution block, suicide cylinder and power booster. The diaphragm on my brake power booster is shot. Since I need to replace the booster, I want to also upgrade the master cylinder. So, for now I want to run all 4 drums but with a new MC and booster.

Can someone recommend make, model and part number for a new master cylinder as well as a SMALLER(in diameter) power booster that will provide enough assist but not require as much vacuum?

Thanks in advance for the assist.
Jeff

1966 GTO Coupe(#1845), AT, PS, PB, Nightwatch Blue

389 built by Gaydosh Performance - .040 over, 670 heads, 4bbl 750 Holley Double Pumper, Edelbrock Performer intake, Howards CAM and lifters, Scorpion roller rockers, TRW rods and pistons, Doug's headers, new TH350 with shift kit & 2000 stall, 8.2" rear with Auburn carrier & 3.55 posi Richmond gears

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2240898/1966-pontiac-gto/
Old 07-07-2010, 07:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbub View Post
Good morning all.
I have original drum brake setup on all 4 wheels, distribution block, suicide cylinder and power booster. The diaphragm on my brake power booster is shot. Since I need to replace the booster, I want to also upgrade the master cylinder. So, for now I want to run all 4 drums but with a new MC and booster.

Can someone recommend make, model and part number for a new master cylinder as well as a SMALLER(in diameter) power booster that will provide enough assist but not require as much vacuum?

Thanks in advance for the assist.
Jeff
Inline tube has what you need , just completed the same upgrade on a 64 GTO , get a master cylinder for a 68 69 firebird / lemans power brake 4 wheel drum from local auto store , inline wants 75.00 for a 15.00 master cylinder . 9" is the small gm power booster .

Old 07-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Chrisp-
Thanks for the help. Aside form the booster and mc, I assume I will also need a new distribution block to welcome the dual lines coming from the mc as well as the lines themselves?

1966 GTO Coupe(#1845), AT, PS, PB, Nightwatch Blue

389 built by Gaydosh Performance - .040 over, 670 heads, 4bbl 750 Holley Double Pumper, Edelbrock Performer intake, Howards CAM and lifters, Scorpion roller rockers, TRW rods and pistons, Doug's headers, new TH350 with shift kit & 2000 stall, 8.2" rear with Auburn carrier & 3.55 posi Richmond gears

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2240898/1966-pontiac-gto/

Last edited by winbub; 07-07-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They will supply you with the dual port distribution block , simple direct swap . you are welcome

Old 07-13-2010, 12:25 AM
Suspended

Inline NC are new and the Parts house stuff what? I bought rebuilt MC's befor and never again ...ever. only new stuff in the brakes department. krap is too risky