Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 05-05-2000, 11:41 AM

I'm in Denver, so 5,000 feet altitiude. I put a Holly from the box (600 cfm,I think model 1850) and bolted it on. It runs, but not great. Which way should the stock jets be moved for altitude, smaller or larger, and how much?
IS 600 cfm enough for a 400 with RA3 cam?
Reed

Old 05-05-2000, 11:41 AM

I'm in Denver, so 5,000 feet altitiude. I put a Holly from the box (600 cfm,I think model 1850) and bolted it on. It runs, but not great. Which way should the stock jets be moved for altitude, smaller or larger, and how much?
IS 600 cfm enough for a 400 with RA3 cam?
Reed

Old 05-05-2000, 07:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Reed:
You need to go smaller on the jetting, how much I don't know. You will need to experiment with jet sizes, and read the plugs after changing sizes. As far as the 600 cfm carb goes, in my opinion its a little small for your engine at those altitudes. You need to get as much air as you can in that motor and your altitude doesn't help. I would go with at least 800cfm. just my .02 cents

------------------
"Run wild with an Indian, not with the crowd in a Chevy"