Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 02:22 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurkey View Post
Japanese company, product made in Communist China.
That seems to be a generic statement vs an answer. Got any real proof to that statement.

By the way, Taiwan, is Nationalist China and not a Communist Country. One of the most Democratic Countries out there.
That happened on December 8, 1949 https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...ital-to-taiwan

TV

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head View Post
... and shipping has gone way up over the last half dozen years. Crazy prices on oversize shipping is the reason I invested in a nice tubing straightener and am now buying hoops of tubing & bending my own. Have several flaring tools & original example lines for 70-72 A-body's & 2nd Gen T/A's, which makes it even easier.
I have owned on of those fancy flaring tools that has a hand hydraulic pump that makes the flare, works flawlessly!!! Mastercool is the brand on the case, I bought it from NAPA.

I had owned this kit for about 3-4 years, had not even used it yet. A friend was working on his Hot Rod project. He had bough a set of trans cooler lines, already flared and bent. One end on each line had to be cut off and re-flared.

I re-flared one end of each line. He looked at both tubes...my flares were better than the ones that came on the lines.....

Parts prices going up???? Crap since 2005 (remember hurricane Katrina???) everything has been going up, and has not slowed down...

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 11-28-2018, 05:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
That seems to be a generic statement vs an answer. Got any real proof to that statement.
Are you thinking that Toshiba is not a Japan-based company, or that the To****ba computer I bought didn't come in a box that said "Made In China" on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
By the way, Taiwan, is Nationalist China and not a Communist Country.
Yes, the legitimate government of China fled to Taiwan when Mao was making noise about revolution. The legitimate government of China is the government of Taiwan, as far as I'm concerned...but the UN and the various member countries have other ideas, and none of them asked my permission.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:10 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurkey View Post
Are you thinking that Toshiba is not a Japan-based company, or that the To****ba computer I bought didn't come in a box that said "Made In China" on it?

Yes, the legitimate government of China fled to Taiwan when Mao was making noise about revolution. The legitimate government of China is the government of Taiwan, as far as I'm concerned...but the UN and the various member countries have other ideas, and none of them asked my permission.
There are good products coming out of Taiwan, and bad products, same deal for Japan.
My company basically pulled out of Japan, removed all dealerships) as no one was buying the cars. Have no love for Mao or the rest of the Mainline China games.
But I have met very good Engineers that originally were born in Mainline China.
These people were Turbo Engineers. You personally bring a lot to the game, Schurkey, as do others. Trolls do not.

Tom V.

Trolls are everywhere, as you said Cliff. Look for attention based on how bold they think that they are.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Many of my parts vendors have sent me letters and e-mails "explaining" why the price of their products will be going up or has gone up. Of course they claim it's all about the tariffs. To me, it very much like all the trucking and shipping companies tacking on crazy surcharges and raising rates dramatically when gas prices went to $4.00 a gallon 5 years ago. Gas here is now right at $2.00 a gallon and has been under $2.50 for years. Did any of those surcharges and crazy rate hikes go back to normal? Of course not. When the tariffs are eventually lifted, don't expect anything to go down in price. The inflated prices are here to stay. You will just be paying more for the same Chinese junk.

Closed Thread