Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-22-2019, 12:49 PM
Suspended

Default No Prep!

So the second season of no prep started and so far it’s pretty good, racing is close, less accidents (so far)! I like it!!

GTO George

Old 01-22-2019, 01:03 PM
Suspended

I am not a fan I hate seeing beautiful race car smashed to chit .Would you race all out on a no prep track ? I would not.. JMO...

Old 01-22-2019, 01:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If I was making the money that those guys are I would put insurance on my car and gas it!!

Old 01-22-2019, 01:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm not aware of any insurance that can be put on a car while being raced. As far as I know there is coverage till you get in the burn out box. It starts back up when you hit the return road. Just my understanding

Old 01-22-2019, 02:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

There's a guy on yellowbullet that sells it. I believe it all goes through Lloyds of London. I'm sure since the new owners took over that thread is another lost one. One guy was talking about his race car, trailer and a pit vehicle of some sort and I thought the premiums were really reasonable

I'll take a look around and see if I can't find any more info

Old 01-22-2019, 02:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

On track insurance is easy to get. Here's a link https://coiservices.com/race-car-insurance

6.98 @ 199mph
4.53 @ 164mph
Old 01-22-2019, 02:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Old 01-22-2019, 02:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/s....php?t=2561165

Here's some more

Old 01-22-2019, 03:10 PM
Suspended

I guess after a few smash up your insurance premiums will go up .and I wonder how long you would remain a client participating in Demolition derby drag racing...lol

Old 01-22-2019, 03:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm a multi time derby champ. I could win that one. Lol

Old 01-22-2019, 03:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The "TV show" part is a little boring but the racing action is very good. It's definitely more of a race show now, which is fine. Even my wife stays up to watch it. We like the announcer but can't stand listening to Chuck, his talking is somewhat annoying.
Nice to see, and info about, average Joe race drivers for a change, staging and some pit action compared to anything NHRA puts out for Sportsman racing.
Like to see them get away from so many bye runs deep in the event. Maybe once they get to a full 32 field byes will only be due to attrition and not odd car counts.
The one thing I'd change would be paying round money. These guys have to be getting something to travel to these events, no way anyone would put out that kinda coin for a winner take all at every event. If they're getting appearance money, that's fine, but from a viewer standpoint I'd like to know that once you make it to round two you're getting round money. Maybe they are, but I've not heard anything.
Overall, nice show.

Old 01-22-2019, 03:46 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefbigb View Post
I'm a multi time derby champ. I could win that one. Lol
LOL a 3000hp derby car... lol I got money on you...

Old 01-22-2019, 03:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

All these shows are about the driver and not so much the car. Just like NASSCAR which I can not stand. I do not really care about the drivers so much. I care about their cars, what engines, combinations. Things like that.
I want more details about the equipment.
Racing was better when it was Chevy, vs Ford vs Mopar and a Pontiac or Olds here and there.
Its like the Olympics. They start doing all the "back story" crap instead of the actual competition.
Street Outlaws would be better if they actually said Chief ran a ancient old Pontiac and just how much of a uphill battle he has.
Hey, even John Force was impressed when he found out the Boss Bird was actually a real Pontiac.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:09 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
All these shows are about the driver and not so much the car. Just like NASSCAR which I can not stand. I do not really care about the drivers so much. I care about their cars, what engines, combinations. Things like that.
I want more details about the equipment.
Racing was better when it was Chevy, vs Ford vs Mopar and a Pontiac or Olds here and there.
Its like the Olympics. They start doing all the "back story" crap instead of the actual competition.
Street Outlaws would be better if they actually said Chief ran a ancient old Pontiac and just how much of a uphill battle he has.
Hey, even John Force was impressed when he found out the Boss Bird was actually a real Pontiac.
The Boss Bird is Bad to the Bone...I seen it run Pontiac Power ...

Old 01-22-2019, 04:13 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
I am not a fan I hate seeing beautiful race car smashed to chit .Would you race all out on a no prep track ? I would not.. JMO...

For me it’s like boxing. I won’t do it myself, but I’ll still watch other people do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-22-2019, 04:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was racing at Cecil over the summer and while in the pits Don Kennedy (yes the Pontiac racer) came over to discuss Pontiacs with me and let me know he was now selling on and off track insurance. You may want to google him if you are interested.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:13 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
For me it’s like boxing. I won’t do it myself, but I’ll still watch other people do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL .not a fan but I still watch..lol..

Old 01-22-2019, 07:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

I mentioned this in another thread here, but I went to the live event at Bandimere and it was a great time. My only regret about going to the event is that I only went on Saturday and didn't make the time to go on Friday as well. It's literally the only event I've been to at Bandimere that didn't have significant 30+ minute boring wait times with nothing going on, on track between rounds. If they big cars weren't racing, FarmTruck and Azn were stuff like daily driver or minivan racing, or there were crowd and announcer banter sessions going on.

In fact some of the best racing on the day was the mini-van and daily driver racing. Slow, but highly entertaining!

The wife and I really enjoy the no prep kings better than the standard SO shows, because it's basically all racing. The only thing we'd change is Chuck at the helm.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

How fast IS Megladon?

Car moves.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:19 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponjohn View Post
How fast IS Megladon?

Car moves.
It definitely one of the quicker car! Hemi with a pro charger!

GTO George